Guns International

Veterans Day Appreciations: Where to get shown love for your service.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Veterans Day Appreciations: Where to get shown some love for your service.

For all us veterans there are opportunities to accept the gratitude of others who appreciate the time we invested in our country.

I am starting this thread so that those companies and organizations that go out of their way to give something back to the veterans can be exposed to a wider audience than they might be other wise. If you know of something special for vets this weekend, post it here.

Twin Peaks is covering the price of your dinner. (The email I got also said it included veterans, not just active duty.)

AllVeterans_zpsce00dabc.jpg

Applebee's is also comping your entree.

applebees_zps601e9ef3.jpg

2013-11-08_1009_zps8a74e83c.jpg

Chili's (Only from special menu)

Chilis_zps68e32fb0.jpg

Olive Garden

olivegarden_zps9c161252.jpg
    Target Sports

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Some others without the cool pictures :)

Veterans can stop into your local McCormick & Schmick's on Sunday, November 10, 2013 to get a Veterans Day free meal.
    There's a special Veterans Day menu that includes the following entrees - Salmon Rigatoni, Buttermilk Fried Shrimp, Cedar Planked or Grilled Salmon, Blackened Chicken Fettuccine, Parmesan Crusted Chicken, Beer Battered Fish & Chips, Cashew Crusted Tilapia, Tender Beef Medallions, Romano Chicken Chopped Salad, and McCormick's Cheeseburger.
    Bring in official verification. This offer is for dine-in only.

Veterans and active duty military can stop into their local Red Robin on Monday, November 11 to get a free Red's Tavern Double burger and Bottomless Steak Fries.
    Be sure to bring your military ID to take advantage of this Veterans Day freebie.

LongHorn Steakhouse is giving away free Texas Tonions and non-alcoholic beverages to veterans who stop into their local Longhorn Steakhouse on Monday, November 11 through Thursday, November 14, 2013.

Stop by Denny's on Monday, November 11, 2013 and all active, non-active, and retired military personnel can get free all you can eat pancakes from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Few others.

Spaghetti Warehouse - On Sunday, November 10 and Monday, November 11, Spaghetti Warehouse is having a buy one entree, get one free offer encouraging guests to bring a veteran to lunch or dinner.

Uno Chicago Grill - Veterans and active duty military will get a free entree or individual pizza with the purchase of an entree or pizza of equal or greater value at Uno's on November 11, 2013. Military ID is required.

Lone Star Steakhouse - Lone Star Steakhouse will be have a buy one entree, get one free offer for veterans on Veterans Day this year.

Hooters - Veterans and active military members can get a free meal at Hooters on Monday, November 11 with purchase of a drink.

Smokey Bones - Smokey Bones will give veterans a 30% discount on Monday, November 11. Be sure to bring your military ID.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Some More

Walgreens Veterans Day Discount - On Veterans Day, military members and veterans can get 15% off eligible store items at Walgreens as well as 20% off Walgreens, Nice!, and W brand products.

Home Depot 10% Veterans Day Discount - Home Depot is branching their military discount out to include all veterans for Veterans Day. Veterans can save 10% off all purchase up to $500.

Lowe's 10% Military Discount - Lowe's has a 10% military discount for current, retired, and VA members. This also applies to immediate family.

Dollar General 11% Veterans Day Discount - Veterans and active military members will get 11% off their in-store or online purchase at Dollar General on Veterans Day.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Even more.............

Free Haircuts at Great Clips - Veterans and active/inactive/retired military members can stop into Great Clips on Monday, November 11 and get a free haircut or pickup a free haircut card to use before the end of the year. Anyone can stop in to get their haircut and receive a free haircut card they can give to a veteran. These cards will also be available on their Facebook page.

Free Haircuts at Sports Clips - Veterans and active duty U.S. service members can stop into participating Sports Clips on Monday, November 11, 2013 to get a free haircut.

Free Oil Changes at Meineke - Active and Retired service members and their spouses can get free oil changes at Meineke Care Care Centers on Veterans Day.

Heck I may take the day off, get a haircut, oil change and spend $50 in gas to go eat $40 in 'free' food, LOL.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I hope you Veterans can partake in some of the love. Thank you for your service. :usflag:

Nice thread dude. :)

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Yes very nice.

I manage an in-house communications group, with newsletters, closed circuit TV and electronic signage. Everything will a message of thanks for service and sacrifice running all day long.

About 1/4 of the employees at the plant are either current or ex military.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I think im gonna go to two local parades, then go get a free car wash, followed by a free oil change, and finally a cheap meal somewhere. The only bad part is im right outside of ft hood so it gets paaaaaacked.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Yeah i am. I'm waiting for them to finish the inside before i become a semi rarely regular

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'd like to see it early on and the again later. 'course there's a lot of things I'd like to do.

ArmyZach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Joshua
    Acera - thanks for the research.
    Happy Veteran's Day to all of my fellow vets out there.
    Excluding Coast Guard, of course.
    And Air Force - marching with a briefcase doesn't count.
    And Navy - an all expense paid cruise doesn't count.
    And anyone who was a cook.
    Or anyother pog for that matter.

Just kidding.

No matter what your service, you are the minority that was willing and able to step up, raise your right hand, and take the oath to protect and defend the Constitution. Part of a long lineage of great patriots that has brought our country this far.
    Thank you. No matter where you get a meal or your haircut tomorrow, know that an ex-soldier in Joshua thinks that you are awesome.
    Tomorrow when I raise the colors, I'll salute all of you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Thanks for doing the homework brother. Also happy Veterans day to all my brothers and sisters in arms past , present and future.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    I decided to forego silly superficial facebook messages today. Instead I gave the one member on my team who is a veteran a gift card, thanked him for his service, and told him to take his wife out to dinner.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I decided to forego silly superficial facebook messages today. Instead I gave the one member on my team who is a veteran a gift card, thanked him for his service, and told him to take his wife out to dinner.

This is pretty awesome. That is one of the things that piss me off the most about society. They show their support by copy pasting some crap chain link picture or message but the next day they forget all about it.

I know not all of us can do what you just did and not even us veterans can afford it either. But those who do and take actions like this are greatly appreciated.

I remember several times in certain military friendly cities going out and having my meal paid for before i even got the tab. Some of them were anonymous so i wasnt able to refuse them paying for my meal but some made it known and came and talked with us and i thanked them a lot.

Another time, we were just stopping into a fuel point on the way to a training site. The plan was to just refuel and relieve ourselves. About five minutes go by and were told to hang up our gear and gtfo of our vics and go into the mcdonalds next doot. Apparently there was a group of senior citizens eating breakfast or lunch, i cant recall exact time of day. But they seen us pull up, came out and talked to one of our NCOIC and said they would like to get us a meal. We briefed our soldiers to keep it cheap and from the dollar menu. Not only because we didnt want them to look greedy but because they were senior citizens and im sure it put a dent just off that dollar menu.

These are the awesome things i remember that sticks with me and makes me kinda tear up when i think of those who truely do remember those of us who serve, have served and those who paid an even higher price of service with their lives.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom