Target Sports

Vets: Does anyone notice a difference in how VA sends medicine from the pharmacy

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    Besides sending some medicines out a month at a time like insulin, pen needles etc . They don't send more than one prescription in a bag envelope box or however they send it. I get some of my meds from Houston VA, and I swear they are getting bad as an example this is what I got in a large box today. 2 small boxes of pen needles in a large box sent UPS. This is a total waste of taxpayers money. IMHO
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• VA shipping box.pdf
      556.8 KB · Views: 117

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I usually get a 90 day supply at a time. Some things come in tyvek envelopes, some in boxes. It's a good thing I'm only 100% disabled because I haven't been able to see my VA quack in person this year.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I usually get a 90 day supply at a time. Some things come in tyvek envelopes, some in boxes. It's a good thing I'm only 100% disabled because I haven't been able to see my VA quack in person this year.
    I had my yearly the 22nd and alas Texas City clinic was closed due to Beta. Waiting for them to call me. I don't get all my meds through VA I get a lot through CVS Caremark through medicare and my Federal Employee BC/BS cause I have civilian doctors for my problems which being 72 are getting more numerous. Besides VA don't carry the wonder drugs only the old generic stuff. I am 70%.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I got the VA to get some meds that aren't on their list. I too have "civillian" docs. Cardiologist, pulmonologist, nephrologist primary care, and a surgery coming up. I can't wait for VA docs on heart surgery which I had 2 of this year.
    Two stents and a defibrillator installed in july. Stents were done in April.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I got the VA to get some meds that aren't on their list. I too have "civillian" docs. Cardiologist, pulmonologist, nephrologist primary care, and a surgery coming up. I can't wait for VA docs on heart surgery which I had 2 of this year.
    Two stents and a defibrillator installed in july. Stents were done in April.
    Hope everything goes well with your heart surgery I also have a cardiologist, pulmonologist, GP and endocronologist that are outside the VA. post 0554 and a DAV life member

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    My 90 day supply of each drug comes in its own separate envelope. Mailbox gets stuffed full of plastic envelopes when the useless buffoons pretending to be pharmacists get around to mailing my refills. One box? No, this is the VA and we waste money because we don't give a shit about efficiency. Or veterans, but that is a different rant.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I get a 90 day supply of each (5), all in one envelope. 3 days after ordering on their website.
    That's great! I can tell you don't go to Houston VA Hospital for your drugs we also get them one plastic envelope at a time in my case I could get 2 or 3 separate envelopes a week. For insulin, needles and like symbicort you only get a 1 month at a time.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    My 90 day supply of each drug comes in its own separate envelope. Mailbox gets stuffed full of plastic envelopes when the useless buffoons pretending to be pharmacists get around to mailing my refills. One box? No, this is the VA and we waste money because we don't give a shit about efficiency. Or veterans, but that is a different rant.
    Yeah the same as Houston does except insulin, pen needles for the insulin pens it is only one month at a time.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I get 6 vials if insulin at a time. Needles 50 days at a time. Test strips at least 6 boxes at a time. Your VA PC should be able to increase the size of your shipments. Or tell them you are planning on RVing for three months and won't have an address to receive packages if worse comes to worst.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    There is also a veterans representative in the hospital director's office who should be able to help. The one in Dallas helped me change Docs ---it is a long story but he missed 4 out of 5 appointments and had me on the wrong insulin, didn't take my breathing complaint seriously and I ended up the next day in the ER getting 2 more stents.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Most of the time whatever meds. I'm needing show up on time, in one envelope, multiple envelopes, or one box. Depending. But in order to these items in a timely fashion, about every four or five weeks, I logon to myhealthvet and reorder them. Whether I'm close to being out or not. This way I always have an open and active Pharmacy order going.

Right? Wrong? Don't know. But since I've started doing such, my meds. are always on time or a bit early

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    At Dyess AFB, they have a machine to deliver prescriptions at the BX, which I thought was excellent as the BX is centrally located. I believe that retirees can have their prescriptions filled on base from their off base MDs.

I just use my local pharmacy. They know us, they have treats for the dogs with us, and the drive through is equine friendly. Not to mention, never have to wait more than a few minutes to get in and out - unlike some box stores that I will not name.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    At Dyess AFB, they have a machine to deliver prescriptions at the BX, which I thought was excellent as the BX is centrally located. I believe that retirees can have their prescriptions filled on base from their off base MDs.

I just use my local pharmacy. They know us, they have treats for the dogs with us, and the drive through is equine friendly. Not to mention, never have to wait more than a few minutes to get in and out - unlike some box stores that I will not name.
    That pleasant pharmacy experience is right here in Abilene? And they take tri-care? Please share the name of this magical place.

Top Bottom