ViaSat Satellite Internet Service.......

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 5, 2018
Kaufman County
Cell phone hotspot works great with either 4 or 5g. Add a line, get hotspot capable cheap phone, leave phone used in to charger and as they say

CHARGE ON!
Brick house surrounded by oaks in the bottom of a large bowl. We have pour to no coverage. The tower is to fix that and go to LOS internet.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Downside to hotspots is the cost. Not sure how much unlimited plans are now, but last time I looked at them pricing was about $10/gig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Army 1911

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mar 17, 2008
Dallas Texas or so
No extra charge on t mobile and unlimited data.

Just the cost of the standard cell service and the cheapest phone that does hotspot.

If you use you personal everyday phone you can forgo the additional line and phone, but the whole house loses internet when you go out of range. So setwe everyone's phone up to serve as a hot spot.

You are just making better use of what you already pay for that way.

Last edited:

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
Right now I have not a lot of options, and I have until the first part of November to make up my mind, but right now I'm leaning towards giving ViaSat a try and see how well they work out for us.

Thanks to all that gave advice and suggestions, as it was much appreciated.

Whistler

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Jan 28, 2014
Northeast Texas
Sister in law has viasat, she's just across the driveway in the cabin. I have Verizon Jetpack, daughter has some other satellite at her house out front. Give me a shout if you want to test it out.

Not today, I'm having some concrete poured.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 9, 2017
Hays Co.
Here in the 'hills, we had Hughes net (it BLOWS), and now have Hill Country, a line of sight provider. They suck too, just no where near as badly.
bit they STILL suck !

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
I decided we are going to take a chance on the ViaSat. My guess is, I will get hopefully great or at least decent service for as long as the contract is valid, and then in two years if it goes badly, maybe by then there will be more options available to us for internet.

Top Bottom