• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Someone explain why it’s the criminal justice system? In my mind it’s real the revenue justice system, but we will let that rest for now.

I honestly think if the victims of crimes were allowed to have a hand at the punishment of the crimes commit on them, criminals might be a bit more reluctant in their crimes.

The story about the 3 kids living with a corpse is a prime example. The one kid if beating to death, most likely in front of the others. One of the surviving kid has facial fractures.

My wife was a victim of a violent crime. I would bet big money if she got to punish them there would less PTSD for her
    Guns International

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Because unfortunately turning citizens into criminals - at least in some jurisdictions - is big business. Victims never get made whole again. I don't think I've ever actually met someone who said that they recovered all their stolen property after a robbery or break in. I've had two auto burglaries and my house broken into before. Of all the things taken from me - I only ever recovered two things - the lower to an AR-15 (all it was was a lower, not a complete firearm) and *one* fishing fly, dropped by the asshole who took me for a few grand worth of tackle, some of which was irreplaceable due to the sentimental value.

You can never make a rape, assault, or murder victim whole again.

Criminals don't have the money or means to repay you most of the time even if you are awarded a judgement.

But be sure there are police and prosecutors and judges out there that would gladly jam you up for stupid shit to meet a quota, send a message, or just feed the beast.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    As tempting as it may be, we cannot substitute revenge for justice.
    True.....but I do believe that the criminals' likelihood to be a further threat to others should be taken into consideration. If they continue to be a threat to others based on the nature of their crime, they should be removed from society.....permanently.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    As tempting as it may be, we cannot substitute revenge for justice.
    But maybe we should. And you are correct. Revenge isn't always justice, and sometimes a poor substitute.

The justice system is hardly ever been about justice. I think if it were about justice, real justice for the victims, or the victim's family, or survivors, they would have some input and say in how justice was carried out.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    True.....but I do believe that the criminals' likelihood to be a further threat to others should be taken into consideration. If they continue to be a threat to others based on the nature of their crime, they should be removed from society.....permanently.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
    As a fellow once said, "I never knew anyone who received capital punishment that became a repeat offender."

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I also put part of the blame on the penal systems in our country as being part and parcel to this travesty of justice.

The bleeding-heart liberals got involved, and decided that inmates should have just as many rights as the free citizens in society have. Prison was suppose to be about punishment, and paying a debt to society. The bleeding-heart liberals decided that prison should be about rehabilitation of the inmate, and about their treatment while incarcerated.

But never have those bleeding-heart liberals ever once cared about the victims of these criminals. How their lives were uprooted, or destroyed. What about their rights?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I also put part of the blame on the penal systems in our country as being part and parcel to this travesty of justice.

The bleeding-heart liberals got involved, and decided that inmates should have just as many rights as the free citizens in society have. Prison was suppose to be about punishment, and paying a debt to society. The bleeding-heart liberals decided that prison should be about rehabilitation of the inmate, and about their treatment while incarcerated.

I recall reading an interview with a convict who was in Texas prisons during the mid 1900's. He said they worked you so hard, when you were released you either went straight or you left Texas. Ain't no way you were going back in.

Top Bottom