• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    NFA laws are BS, and unconstitutional regardless of SCOTUS opinion.

Sadly, the corruption of the gov and SCOTUS means constitutionality no longer matters.
    Hurley's Gold

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    He cut's it down, gets caught and said you were the one who cut it down to an illegal length could involve you pretty quickly.

Doesn't mean you will be found guilty, but will make your life miserable for a while...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Highly unlikely.

Why would my life be miserable.

Them-"Did you cut this
    down"

Me-"nope"

That argument sounds like the BoS arguments we hear about. Should I keep a photo date stamped with a BoS in my records now to protect me from something that would be settled in 5 minutes?

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Younggun, have you ever dealt with the Feds? Unlikely yes, Impossible, no. He says I didn't cut it, but I know who did. They promise him a deal if he turns rat on the guy. They then come and ask you about it....while some Judge issues a search warrant......they find anything, I mean no matter how insignificant that they can charge you with and they will. They can lie and manufacture evidence with impunity. You think they are all honest?

Never underestimate the Feds.

But in the end....yes, I agree unlikely.....

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They could have done the same to a member here who sold an AK that was later found in Mexico. No warrants, no trouble.

Again, what would you suggest as a better alternative?

Never sell a shotgun for fear if a black helicopter landing on the roof?

Chasing false leads is expensive and time consuming. Even the ATF wants to find something for their trouble, they won't east time getting a warrant and kicking in my door with so little to go on and no evidence to support it.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I guess I better never sell any of my railed pistols. Some jack leg might attach a Magpul VFG on it, get caught and send me to Federal pound me in the ass prison.

V-Tach

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I don't trust the Feds not to lie, manufacture and plant evidence.

Nothing we can do, but the best we can do....and hope it's good enough..

As you said and I agreed...not likely to happen.....

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Based on what? If there's a law, and the law is ruled just, and the legislators won't change it, how is punishing a willing lawbreaker immoral?

You can argue the law is immoral, but saying the punishment for breaking it is is pushing it.

The punishment is only just if the law is just. What if we were talking about well established segregation laws? Would your analysis still hold true to you?

I'm not saying it's unexpected or that it's not the current law. I'm saying it's immoral.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It is the SCOTUSs job to determine constitutionality, doesn't mean they are doing it.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I, as an individual and human being, decide what is constitutional for me by my actions. SCOTUS makes a ruling and tell us what they have decided. Every individual has to make up their mind as to their actions and be prepared when they step over the line of legal/illegal. That said, if the owner of the shop or an individual has what is classified to be an illegal weapon and they know they are not in compliance with the laws, they shouldn't gripe when they get busted. That's just my two bits.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Remember the barrel length law is what they used to set up Randy Weaver. Privately sell some shotguns to someone you don't know well. It could happen to you too.

I get your point. According to Weaver he refused to cut them down and I've heard no evidence he cut them down (he refused to be setup and wasn't involved with the Aryans as much as the gov needed him to be), then you know, the gov killed his wife and kid for no reason.

That being said I understand what YG is saying as well. We shouldnt be afraid of legally selling legal weapons to people who can legally buy them.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom