TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    With people in them LOL

(Completely Off-Topic from Victoria)

There are more than 700,000 people in Detroit (the city) now and still 5,000,000 in the greater Detroit area, give-or-take. It's in serious decline in terms of economy and population but it's still pretty populated. The demographics have shifted significantly as many of the folks left don't have the means (or will) to move and pursue better opportunities (places to live, jobs, lifestyle, whatever 'better' you want).

It's a great city to watch in terms of what to look for when other cities start collapsing under their own weight - Detroit was simply accelerated by a sharp decline in the auto industry and the related downstream economy. Specifically, I'm familiar with public safety (fire, police, EMS) in Detroit and have been watching the systems get MORE stressed despite FEWER people to cover and FEWER resources (read: money) to do it with. Those workers are "stuck" in terms of pension/retirement, though, with many being "pot-committed" in terms of tenure such that even if they wanted to leave they're so invested in working-to-retirement "in-system" that they don't have a choice but to stay. That's not a great position to be in for morale, and lower morale + lower resources leads to lower levels of service across the board. It's scary to say the least.

I could go on and on and on... but quite simply, don't think this isn't a warning to the rest of us of what can happen when we let our government become the funding source for any scale of economy - local, state or national.

(On-Topic)

If you robbed a gun store in Detroit you'd make less "profit" per stolen gun than you will in Houston, especially if you "export" those to other Texas cities or, better yet, Mexico. Don't think these won't show up on the other side of the border at some point if not sold to those who can't legally purchase/own a firearm in the greater Houston area.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    Just joking about detroit everytime its in the news they seem to be talking about the empty neighborhoods, This has been going on for quite sometime as some friend from both sides of the track left there in the 80s when then mayor Jim Mcconn was running adds in Detroit news papers about job opportunities in houston. It is sad to think of what has become of those peoples way of life and yes it can happen anywhere in the blink of an eye. Didnt mean to jack the thread. Sorry

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia
    You weren't the one that jacked the thread. I could tell you were making a funny.

Thanks I thought it was clear. New to this forum buisness I need to learn to communicate with all the acronyms LOL and smiley faces when Im joking

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    You are wrong. The SCOTS determines constitutionality, not you.

Ever heard of jury nullification? That is certainly one avenue that we the people have for determining not just constitutionality of a law but if it is just or not. Just too bad we have ALOT of judges who intimidate juries into not exercising this right (hell intimidate juries for reaching a verdict they don't like period).

ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    24 months? I figured he'd get 10 or 20 years.

I went into that place about a month before he got arrested.

Went in on a Wednesday to have an AR barrel moved to a new receiver. Got into a discussion about what was actually a nice Saiga .308 I had at the house that I wanted to sell. I had put a Stormwerkz folding mechanism on it and it had a UBR stock and it was actually a good rifle. Went home and got it and we made a deal. Well, he had no cash and no checkbook. I'm the trusting sort, so I say keep the rifle here and I'll come see you Saturday. Got there Saturday and they are closed. He opens the place up two hours late. I walk in there and the rifle is up for sale. I look at him, he looks at me, and he asks if I need some help. I tell him that I need him to pay me for that rifle. He didn't recognize who I was. It wasn't like more than 2 or 3 people a day went into that place.

That dude was way off. He could never stop moving. Would just bounce around that shop.

I don't wish bad things on the guy. If he had a problem with drugs ( I suspect he did ), I hope he's able to get it fixed over these next couple of years.

Other than the fact that he's now a convicted felon, he's getting off unbelievably light.

Top Bottom