• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It is sad. It can go from routine to deadly in a heartbeat.

Prayers for the family.
    It was not routine. It was a fed bust. His “back up” was not there. Hope our local LE can look at this and give serious thought to saying “no” to participating in joint operations with the alphabets. They will use y’all as bullet sponges.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Every stop, vehicle or pedestrian, that I made in my career (after the first few or so) was a potential felony stop as far as I was concerned about safety. There was nothing routine about doing any of them no matter how they turned out in the end.

Sadly, I think, this officer made the fatal mistakes of not keeping his eyes on the dirtbag as the POS got out of the vehicle, never told the guy to keep his hands in sight, and walked out from behind what cover the cab afforded into what was essentially the open (at least for his upper body) before being able to see the entirety of the dirtbag. Those things, I think in part, cost him his life. Not putting blame on Officer Jarrot, the blame is all on the bad guy - may that scumbag's soul burn in hell if there really is one. My sincere condolences to Officer Jarrott's family, loved ones, friends, coworkers and such.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I had to watch the video a few times because I almost could not believe what the responding officer, the one in the lighter colored vest in front of the pickup truck, did with his pistol when it seemed to be in slide lock. That is, he left it, if only momentarily, on the hood of the truck. It looks like he retrieved it and reloaded it after that but all I can think is WTF was he thinking! Stress does weird things to a person. Anyway, they got the bastard and he will never again harm another person.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    It was not routine. It was a fed bust. His “back up” was not there. Hope our local LE can look at this and give serious thought to saying “no” to participating in joint operations with the alphabets. They will use y’all as bullet sponges.
    New Mexico Police Officer's Shooting Death Latest In Tragic Week For Law Enforcement

"New Mexico State Police said 28-year-old Officer Darian Jarrott was shot and killed while assisting a federal Department of Homeland Security operation investigating transnational crimes in a traffic stop."

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    WTF did I just watch. The trooper was part of some federal bust?? Bust for what? Did he know he was part of a federal bust?

Transnational crimes aka drug smuggling.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Every stop, vehicle or pedestrian, that I made in my career (after the first few or so) was a potential felony stop as far as I was concerned about safety. There was nothing routine about doing any of them no matter how they turned out in the end.

Sadly, I think, this officer made the fatal mistakes of not keeping his eyes on the dirtbag as the POS got out of the vehicle, never told the guy to keep his hands in sight, and walked out from behind what cover the cab afforded into what was essentially the open (at least for his upper body) before being able to see the entirety of the dirtbag. Those things, I think in part, cost him his life. Not putting blame on Officer Jarrot, the blame is all on the bad guy - may that scumbag's soul burn in hell if there really is one. My sincere condolences to Officer Jarrott's family, loved ones, friends, coworkers and such.
    I agree 100%.

100% bad guys fault, but there were a few things that could have given him a better chance at getting home.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom