• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    My initial concern on this remains unchanged....the series of school and public place shootings have not had the desired effect of pushing the nation to draconian gun control so now it appears the Left may force hundreds or thousands of law abiding citizens to use force to fight oppression, thus confirming for the world to see that the evil white racist gun owner is a dangerous reality.

if an armed confrontation erupts, the media will make it look like the Klan has risen again and is using firearms to threaten the new majority.

My fear is, that in doing the right thing, we will play right into their hands. On the other hand, we need to remember that Texas exists because many came from other states to join our fight for freedom from Mexico. I, for one, support the Virginia 2A movement politically and financially. At 71 years old, that's about all I can do.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    I'd like to communicate with our Senators and Representatives about this subject and the reality of the moves that the left is trying. But, our Senators and Representatives are only interested in getting reelected and being politically correct. I have written many times and get the same old canned response. If they don't get the message soon we will be forced to vote them out. But, that would open the possibility of putting Democrats in their position. That would be failure. McCaul and Cornyn are not the least bit interested. They pretend, but, are absolutely only interested in themselves.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Thank you for posting this. I was just about to say something similar, and you said it all.

I think the far left actually WANTS to create a spark under this powder keg so they can use it as justification for infringing the 2nd Amendment.

My initial concern on this remains unchanged....the series of school and public place shootings have not had the desired effect of pushing the nation to draconian gun control so now it appears the Left may force hundreds or thousands of law abiding citizens to use force to fight oppression, thus confirming for the world to see that the evil white racist gun owner is a dangerous reality.

if an armed confrontation erupts, the media will make it look like the Klan has risen again and is using firearms to threaten the new majority.

My fear is, that in doing the right thing, we will play right into their hands. On the other hand, we need to remember that Texas exists because many came from other states to join our fight for freedom from Mexico. I, for one, support the Virginia 2A movement politically and financially. At 71 years old, that's about all I can do.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    My initial concern on this remains unchanged....the media will make it look like the Klan has risen again..

Hell, the media has already done that. The only thing left to fear is fear itself.

Devil’s advocate: your argument is just a twist on the same ‘rivers of blood in the streets’ used when discussing concealed carry, open carry and campus carry in Texas.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I’ve wondered if a county or counties could secede from a state to create a new state?
    Not secede from the U.S. but from the original state.
    Say in Illinois everything not Chicago just leave.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I’ve wondered if a county or counties could secede from a state to create a new state?
    Not secede from the U.S. but from the original state.
    Say in Illinois everything not Chicago just leave.

There have been parts of both northern CO and northern CA that have discussed this very thing in recent years based on the fact that they are no longer represented by the state as a whole. I think it's coming at some point, but not just on the state level.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rex sums it up nicely. We are the symbol of freedom for all.

Sharks are testing the waters. For those who support DJT. What is he doing about this? Can he do anything? I feel as if everyone on the hill is against the last frontier. We are it folks.

Either America pushes back or freedom is lost.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    We need to wall up all the big cities a la "Escape from New York", they probably won't notice anyway, then resume life as normal while they slowly rot off. I call it the 'Burdizzo Plan' for a more peaceful society.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Found this just now with a search. Can't verify it's accuracy, but somewhat encouraging, if correct:
    texas-county-map_med.png

Attachments

• texas-county-map_med.png
      texas-county-map_med.png
      106.2 KB · Views: 641
    Top Bottom