• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    Howdy all.

Today I ventured over to South Houston (not south Houston, but the City of South Houston) where Ron Yates has set up shop as RPG Arms.

Who is Ron Yates? He's the guy that founded Global Trades, and went over to Bulgaria and made deals (and brought back Bulgaria's head Kalashnikov engineer) and started our current AK industry here.

Ron is fixing to set up a parts company to produce high quality American made Kalashnikov and AR15 parts.

He showed me a sample of the FCG he's gonna be bringing to market in the coming months.

It's a very high quality set, and the trigger face has vertical extrusions on it.

(similar to this:
    po_ltd_005a.jpg
    )

Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me, so I don't have pix of the set.

The other news is that he'll be offering these as 3 piece or 5 piece sets.

The 3 piece set is projected to cost $33 and consist of the hammer, disconnecter and trigger.

The 5 piece set is projected to cost $38 and will include the above items and a correct disconnecter spring and a US made copy of the Russian retainer plate.

What is a Russian retainer plate? From what Ron tells me (he didn't have one to show me) it's a retainer plate with an offset top so you can grab it easier.

He's also got other goodies in the works. . . .

On another note, RPG Arms does FFL transfers for $10 and offers parkerizing for your AK (including one magazine) for $65. They'll also park your bolt gun for $40.
    I can also confirm that they are building AKMs for InterOrdnance. These are built with ERT&D receivers and barrels from Mossberg that are produced to Ivan Kolev's specs.

I am happy I stopped by, as my old FFL dealer passed away before Ike landed and the new one charges quite a bit for his time.
    ARJ Defense ad

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    RPG in South Houston is the place I was told I could get AKs tuned up. It's a long way from my Copperfield neighborhood.

Any opinions or recent experience? Need a few made 922r compliant and some refinishing work.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I know it's an old thread, but I just came across a business card for RPG Arms from a gun show a few years back. Ron wasn't the guy that packed up and moved up to the northwest part of the country, is he?

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I did remember seeing him at a SA SAXET show at the Alzafar Temple in Stone Oak. I grabbed his card because 1) I have a thing for AKs, and 2) they had a cool list of reasons to own an AK and I wanted a copy. By the time I tried to get in touch with them, I think they had closed shop.

I have a buddy who I sold a M70B1 parts kit to that sent it off to Colorado or somewhere because the guy who built on of his previous AKs left Houston. I just was wondering if this was the same person.

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom