• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gcarrillo004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Atascocita, Texas
    So i decided to put a free float hand guard on my AR15...I cannot get that barrel nut or whatever its called off...someone in the Atascocita/Kingwood/Spring/Humble area willing to help me out? I don't think my rinky dink work bench is up to it...I have the vise block to hold the upper, but my tool blows, so anyhow...any takers...I can bring by your favorite beverage or cigar...lol..
    Texas SOT

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    George! How ya doin' man, funny running into you over here! I'd say I'd love to help, but these are a set of tools I don't have. Yet.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I got a tool for that. Let me know if you want to borrow it. I will be traveling to the bay tomorrow and could drop it off as I pass through. Do you have a torque wrench for putting it or the new nut back on?

Last edited:

itsawondertoo

Semper Fi! Don't make me use my knife hands!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Katy, TX
    We could become 2nd Amendment missionaries? and take a page from the Mormons or the Jehovah Witnesses and just start going from house to house? Although I could see the issues if we start going house to house...just sayin'...

gcarrillo004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Atascocita, Texas
    Just wanted to say thanks for the offers of help! I took the barrel to work with me today and made a visit to our Maintenance guys...i figure if they know how to fix a rig, then maybe they can help this. took this 85lb/85 year old man about 10 seconds to take it off....lol...Brains, i have convinced the new wife to let me by another Fbody since the old one made me sale it...know of any good ones laying around...as always prefer the TA

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Just wanted to say thanks for the offers of help! I took the barrel to work with me today and made a visit to our Maintenance guys...i figure if they know how to fix a rig, then maybe they can help this. took this 85lb/85 year old man about 10 seconds to take it off....lol...Brains, i have convinced the new wife to let me by another Fbody since the old one made me sale it...know of any good ones laying around...as always prefer the TA
    Too bad my Formula is long gone. Gave that sucker away, but I have few regrets. Would have loved it to go to someone I know.

Top Bottom