• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I've never understood the appeal of auctions...of any kind.

Seems akin to buying a 'pig inna poke', but sure if it appeals to you, by all means enjoy...
    Auctions, in general, can be great. Opportunities abound. I've gotten amazing deals just for the sheer fact that people don't want to bother moving furniture and appliances. Made a minor hobby of going to estate auctions back when I was a poor college kid. The market has changed with all the social apps.

Firearm auctions are their own thing.
    Texas SOT

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    OK,

I'm probably just being lazy and don't care for that kind of effort/challenge.

I'd rather just go to my LGS, pick out what I want, plop my money down and walk out with my new gun...simple and efficient.

Plus, as a one time poor kid myself, buying anything 'used' isn't something I care for...

That being said, I can understand how auctions can be lucrative for the participants, but also fun and entertaining...if that sort of things appeals to you.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    OK,

I'm probably just being lazy and don't care for that kind of effort/challenge.

I'd rather just go to my LGS, pick out what I want, plop my money down and walk out with my new gun...simple and efficient.

Plus, as a one time poor kid myself, buying anything 'used' isn't something I care for...

That being said, I can understand how auctions can be lucrative for the participants, but also fun and entertaining...if that sort of things appeals to you.

Last auction i went to was a small local one. I saw like 4 people engage in a bidding war that took a $100 at best H&R single shot 12 ga to $1200.

This was back when they were still selling these guns new.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Saw same thing at an auction.
    Beat to crap .410 single shot bolt action. A junker I wouldn’t give $40 for.
    Some old cheap 1950’s hardware store Stevens.
    Bidding war ended at $600 freakin bucks.
    Still trying to figure that one out.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

This one blew my mind.

30DE7B53-9E5A-4D43-A9FF-9088C27A533E.jpeg

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Was looking at some of their "sold items" didn't see a decent deal mostly standard retail prices.........some were even......WTF?

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Was looking at some of their "sold items" didn't see a decent deal mostly standard retail prices.........some were even......WTF?
    It was a tough sell considering the 18% buyer's premium + 5% for online bid + sales tax. Ultimately, I made one bid on a S&W Model 36 "Chief's Special" when the auction was stalling @ $300. My bid relit the fire and it climbed out of my "good deal" poaching bracket. Oh well.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    P & R,

No, I don't buy used guns...I know for many that's heretical, but I avoid 'used'...anything.

Oh, and I don't 'sell' any of my guns either, though I've given away quite few to family members...gotta make room for new inventory, doncha know...

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    They have another one coming up this weekend (7-8-23).

The only used gun I won't buy is a home built AR, better known as a Frankenstein AR.
    Just have seen too much butchery over on Barf.com, with 2 year veteran builders telling new-bees to just
    fix their mistakes with JB Weld.

Vogt auction

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Clark in Crawford has one this weekend also. Online bidding has started, closing starts the 8th. They have halfway decent equipment auctions, but the gun auctions serve to validate the assertion, people are F'ing stupid.

Top Bottom