Volunteer hog hunter in central Texas

Discussion in 'Texas Hunting & Fishing' started by TexMex247, Jun 11, 2009.

1. TexMex247

TexMex247 Well-Known TGT Supporter

May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Ok folks, I don't know that I'll get much from this but just puttin' it out there. I am an avid shooter/hunter and thoroughly enjoy any kind of hunting. My usual spot is a nice stretch of property in Pearsall, Texas which is usually teeming with hogs. However, since I live in Leander(and it's not deer season), I would love to volunteer my services as a hog exterminator to all of the central and south Texas area. I will camp out if necessary and provide all of my own equipment including a 4 wheeler, camping supplies and of course, guns and ammo. I am a cautious and careful hunter(always licensed), I mind property boundries and respect the land. I do NOT eat wild hogs, so I can only offer to pile em' up somewhere or drag them to an area of your choosing. I understand the liabilty behind allowing someone to hunt on your property, so I will gladly sign a waiver if necessary. If you want to get to know me better first, send me a PM. I would gladly meet you face to face first, if you prefer. Also, if you are a landowner with little or no experience hunting, I would love to share my wealth of hunting knowledge with you and I have plenty of extra guns if you need to borrow one. In Pearsall, hogs are so abundant, you can hardly put a dent in the population without year round effort. If you've got a hog problem, I've got the answer - Texmex :patriot:

2. biglucky

biglucky Well-Known TGT Supporter

Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Dude, you shoot but do not eat them?? What a waste of good food....

3. TexMex247

May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Eatin' hog meat

Well biglucky, my guess is that you have never had a taste of south Texas wild boar hog. They are NOT very good eating once they are mature. Maybe the little ones would cook up nice but a mature boar hog.....I would have to take your word for it.:mad0079:

4. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

A little lesson on the non native invasive species known as Sus Scrofa{ or feral pig}

They have gotten so bad in Texas that they are shoot on site vermin. Not a waste at all. Like shooting rats, or grackles, just bigger and more destructive.

It is possible for them to have 2 litters per year of 2-12.
    They can carry a clearing house of diseases some of which are transmittable to humans, the rest to domestic livestock.

Before you pass judgment learn the topic matter.

I killed 211 last year and the vultures and coyotes ate good.

I did keep 2 that I shot on my brother in law's place but the other 211, yote food.

5. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Backstraps on a big mature boar are fine, as are the hams. The trick is to clean the hide before you butcher it. I know several people who do not even gut them, they just carve the parts off and leave the rest.

6. TexMex247

May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Hog meat

Thanks for your input HOJI, I feel the same way about the Hog "vermin". Maybe next time I bag one, I'll give those hams a try. It's true, I see em' at Roy's place(my preffered processer in Pearsall) every year.:fighting0010:

7. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    How is that done?

8. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

Take it to the car wash......:lolz:

9. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    With soap and a water hose. It does wonders for the smell. :rofl: but it also keeps contaminates off the meat. Hogs do taste good as long as they're done right. :happy0001:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

10. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    And by the way I have no place to hog hunt and love to hunt the things. I live in the Leander/Cedar Park area and would be willing to sign the wavers and assist him in the population control.:happy0001: :rofl: