• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrwiggins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2016
    Louisiana
    Hey guys,
    I did a little write up on the Vortex Fury 10x42 RF binoculars, if anyone has any questions on them, let me know.

Vortex Fury 10x42 binoculars

Range finding binoculars are great piece of equipment to include with your hunting inventory. This one piece of equipment will enable you to transition from binoculars to a range finder helping you get on target quicker and easier than a standalone rangefinder and binoculars.

I was fortunate enough to spend some time using the Vortex Fury 10x42 rf binoculars https://goo.gl/2BsfKG and thoroughly evaluate their performance. Although I didn’t get the opportunity to test the unit in cold weather, the rain and humidity were extremely high in my area, therefore it was a good proving ground. The binoculars are comfortable in size, compact and not cumbersome, and the same weight as standalone binoculars.

I began by focusing the binoculars to my eye; first the left tube next the right tube taking care that the range finding features were clearly visible by going into the menu mode while I adjusted the right dipoter. I checked the menu options where you can transition between yards and meters, control brightness and inclination. The binocular has dual dioptic adjustment which is convenient with the built in range finder.

While shooting a bow I ranged a close target at 10 yards. I was able to focus and get things clear at that distance. I ranged solid reflective targets to 1333 yards, and a non-reflective whitetail deer sized target to 1035 yards, and I was able to consistently do this even in a light rain. I was very impressed by the binoculars ranging capability across the swamp. I ranged an old cypress tree at 1126 yards, humidity was at 90% that day and things were steamy. I went back with my GPS and confirmed the distance just for fun. It was all accurate. These binoculars were useful while helping a customer zero his rifle at the Nolatac Shooting Center, and they ranged true and performed very well spotting out to 300 yards. For the distance ranging, I did unsupported or leaning on a tripod. To shoot pictures I did use a tripod and mount.

The binoculars are easy to hold and focus. The focus wheel and dioptic adjustments are easy to adjust. The rubber armor doesn’t get slippery when wet, and when using them with Mechanix M-Pact gloves, I was still able to push the buttons. I have let a few people try out the Fury 10x42 binoculars and the interpupillary distance accommodated everyone who tried them. Several people who wear glasses use them with and without glasses, (the eye cup design and eye relief were accommodating). I took the binoculars out in low light on a few occasions, most notably one evening I was able to watched a some does back in the swamp. I was able to keep them in sight and continually range them until well after what would be legal shooting hours.

Over all I think the Vortex fury 10x42 is an awesome rangefinding binocular for the price. If you are in the market for a rangefinding binocular, consider the Vortex Fury 10x42.

https://www.facebook.com/OpticAuthority/posts/1836693606357761
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• fury 3.jpg
      fury 3.jpg
      64.3 KB · Views: 172
    • fury 4.jpg
      fury 4.jpg
      72 KB · Views: 157
    • fury 5.jpg
      fury 5.jpg
      66.9 KB · Views: 166