• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    I was carrying my rifle to go over it to make sure everything is good for this weekends PRS competition and my damn cat tripped me causing me to drop the rifle right on the scope and its effed. (thank goodness for vortex warranty) But since I wouldn't get it back in time for the weekend I had no choice but to buy another scope. So this time I bought a Leupold VX-3i lrp in mil with mil adjustments. It has more overall elevation and windage adjustments and the glass is better. Only down side is I have 3 days left to re zero and redo my dope for this competition. re write everything in mil instead of moa.
    Texas SOT

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I was carrying my rifle to go over it to make sure everything is good for this weekends PRS competition and my damn cat tripped me causing me to drop the rifle right on the scope and its effed. (thank goodness for vortex warranty) But since I wouldn't get it back in time for the weekend I had no choice but to buy another scope. So this time I bought a Leupold VX-3i lrp in mil with mil adjustments. It has more overall elevation and windage adjustments and the glass is better. Only down side is I have 3 days left to re zero and redo my dope for this competition. re write everything in mil instead of moa.

I'd gladly let you borrow my vortex crossfire ii 3-9 but I assume your competition requires more magnification than that.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Once you dial in the Leupold I think you will really like it. Mils are not difficult to convert to. Do the math. Make a few shots and call it good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    . Only down side is I have 3 days left to re zero and redo my dope for this competition. re write everything in mil instead of moa.

If you're writing dope cards you need to take a few in a couple different da variables. Othewise use an electronic (ie phone) and get atmospheric data from squad members. Da will change a minimum of 1000 feet from beginning to end of the match which will affect data.

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    If you're writing dope cards you need to take a few in a couple different da variables. Othewise use an electronic (ie phone) and get atmospheric data from squad members. Da will change a minimum of 1000 feet from beginning to end of the match which will affect data.
    I have an app that I use that uses current weather, elevation and all that fun jazz. Its mainly just converting my dope from the past I have written down from MOA to MIL which I used to use mil way back it just took a bit of reading to refresh my memory on the measurements like how many inches at 100 yards is 1 mil and so on. Have all I need written down and last night converted my dope to mil. I just have to hit the range up hopefully today to zero and check my dope to see if I did all the math correctly.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Please let me know how you like the Leopold, I'm debating between that one and the Vortex PST Gen II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Please let me know how you like the Leopold, I'm debating between that one and the Vortex PST Gen II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I looked at both the vortex pst gen II but I have to say the leupold had better glass compared to the vortex but not bashing the vortex glass at all, still love vortex. and the big factor was that the leupold has a lot more elevation than the pst. If I remember the PST gen II FFP only had 65 moa of elevation where the leupold has 110 moa. Now mine is in .1 mil adjustments but still the same amount of elevation just measured in Mil instead of moa. I was going to go to the range today but things came up. Should be going tomorrow and will give you a range report on how it feels and performs. Once my Vortex is fixed and I get it back its going on the 308 and I will be keeping the leupold on the 6.5 creedmoor

Last edited:

ussoldier1984

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    DFW area
    Forgot to update you guys on the replacement scope. The Leupold sucked. Would not hold zero and after talking to a lot of guys lately people have been having issues with them. So I dropped a ton of money and picked up a Schmidt and Bender PM II in Mil 25x56 with 34 mm tube. Scope is so damn awesome. Got it in FFP and Illuminated reticle with the fine reticle. has 27 mil of elevation adjustment.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Not a fan of the Vortex stuff. I know its supposed to be good. But when a same-price mid-range Nikon has better glass, its not the way to go. I compared several scopes to the different Vortex scopes, and they were never the best option glass-wise.

I've heard only good things about Leupold, but most of my stuff has Nikon or Zeiss. THe Monarch scopes have good glass, super clear.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom