• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pjl169

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2017
    Houston TX
    Seems like everyone is having huge deals on original Vortex Razor Gen I 5-20x50 due to the Gen II's release. I was able to snag one for 1350 from optics plant and wanted to get an opinion on this vs the Viper pst gen II thats coming out.

Long story short, i was on a waiting list for the new gen II viper and i was informed it was going to take 4-6 months to get the order fulfilled, so i opted to spend a couple hundred more and go with the Razor.

Has anyone used a razor gen I? Anyone been lucky enough to get their hands on a PST Gen II? How do they compare?

FFP Mil dot of course

Taking the new setup for a test drive this weekend!
    IMG_6849.jpg IMG_6850.jpg
    Texas SOT

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    several threads on this exact subject over on snipershide if you want to check out over there. summary is razor gen 1 glass is still slightly better, but the gen 2 pst is no slouch.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I didn't know they had any PST IIs out yet.

I have a Razor I like yours but haven't shot with it yet. It is a big step up from my PST Is which have served me very well.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I ran the gen 1 razor a good while. Mine is one of the original 5mil turret scopes. It is a pretty solid scope. I will say the factory scope caps are pretty much junk. Mine failed on me once from an assembly type defect but was repaired very fast. Glass was nice. It was a bit dimmer during daylight shooting versus my NightForce but it preformed better in low light. Other than the fact that it is huge and uses the now odd 35mm tube they are a great deal.

pjl169

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2017
    Houston TX
    I agree, the scope is large! I had a hard time locating rings for it as well. Everyone was sold out of the 35mm.

Well see how she does this weekend.

Top Bottom