• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I mounted a couple of Vortex Razor HD Gen II's (1-6 X 24) today for a friend. I was impressed with the overall build quality and the especially the glass on the Razor. Also pleasantly surprised to see made in Japan stamped on them. Very sharp image. great light transmission (for a small objective lens) and crystal clear edge to edge.....

Also mounted his muzzle devices for his Surefire SOCOM 300 BLK and SOCOM 556 suppressors.....

Front is an Aero Precision build (300 BO) and rear is an HK 556.....................

20220912_154825.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The Razor series is the only good scopes that Vortex has ever made. They're heavy as hell, and have that god awful color.
    I'll stick to my S&B's!

I was looking for a scope for my daughter's rifle a few years ago. Cabelas had a Black Friday sale going on. They had the Nikon P223 and the Vortex Diamondback for $150. I have purchased a few Nikon scope over the years and have been very happy with them, but the buzz around Vortex had me curious so I looked through both of them.

It was surprising how much clearer the Nikon was. It really wasn't even close.

But when I was getting a scope for my 6.5CM I looked at a Nikon Black 1000 and a comparable Vortex. They were pretty much equal, but I liked the reticle in the Nikon better so I ended up buying that one. But the lower end Vortex I have looked through were not impressive.

That said, I have heard lots of good things about the Razor, but have never looked through one.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I was looking for a scope for my daughter's rifle a few years ago. Cabelas had a Black Friday sale going on. They had the Nikon P223 and the Vortex Diamondback for $150. I have purchased a few Nikon scope over the years and have been very happy with them, but the buzz around Vortex had me curious so I looked through both of them.

It was surprising how much clearer the Nikon was. It really wasn't even close.

But when I was getting a scope for my 6.5CM I looked at a Nikon Black 1000 and a comparable Vortex. They were pretty much equal, but I liked the reticle in the Nikon better so I ended up buying that one. But the lower end Vortex I have looked through were not impressive.

That said, I have heard lots of good things about the Razor, but have never looked through one.
    Those Nikon scopes were great, shame they quit making them.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I mounted a Crossfire II 1x24 (now inactive) on a PSA upper, and it never disappoints.

I have been eyeing a Razor 1-6x24 for a while now, but I just cannot justify the $2k price tag.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    The Razors are really nice scopes, but if I'm dropping that kind of coin, it'll be a NightForce instead of Vortex.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I had a Razor Gen2 1-6…it was a tank but the glass was excellent.

Needed the money at the time and sold if for a few hundred more than when I bought it, thanks to Covid-crazy pricing a while back.

jetz92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Forney
    The Razors are really nice scopes, but if I'm dropping that kind of coin, it'll be a NightForce instead of Vortex.

The razor Gen2e is definitely nowhere near NF money. They go on sale pretty regularly at $999 and the common price is $1400. The regular gen2 can be found even cheaper around $899.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    My 3-18×50 is sharp. I want a 1-10 for my SCAR or AR, but it may be a while...

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country

You must really like it.

Top Bottom