VORTEX VENOM QUESTION

OLDVET

Well-Known
Dec 14, 2009
Richardson, Texas
This battery was installed exactly per the instruction manual. The + on top the battery was facing up. I didn't want to exert too much pressure on the battery cap because I didn't want to over stress the copper connector in the mount or cross thread the battery cap.
Avvidclif, installing the Crimson Trace optics on the S&W you bought from me was much easier than this Vortex so far.

OLDVET

Well-Known
Dec 14, 2009
Richardson, Texas
I finally got the battery cap installed last night. It required considerable downward pressure to start the process. The cap had more resistance screwing down than I expected. I was careful to make sure the cap started on correctly and didn't over tighten. When the battery dies I will remove the cap. If the threads are stripped, the whole optic will go into the trash. I will go back to the time tested method of sighting in a pistol, the open sights.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
I finally got the battery cap installed last night. It required considerable downward pressure to start the process. The cap had more resistance screwing down than I expected. I was careful to make sure the cap started on correctly and didn't over tighten. When the battery dies I will remove the cap. If the threads are stripped, the whole optic will go into the trash. I will go back to the time tested method of sighting in a pistol, the open sights.
Was this the old cap, or the new one?

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads