• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Wanted to start a thread for elections tomorrow - anyone want to go over who they are voting for and why?
    I have been paying attention to Abbott's lack of a push for constitutional carry, and Paxton's opinions as OAG for carry (have disliked most of them), and the big backing of Crenshaw by Luttrell (said that licenses and background checks were ok).
    I don't vote straight Republican anymore (libertarians can earn my vote) so I thought some discussion might be nice. Especially go against "butter" gun rights candidates.
    And your takes on the propositions as well.
    Hurley's Gold

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I voted early in the D primary just so I could register a NO on every single platform plank they put out there. I threw one vote in my congressional district to the weirdest, least funded, most unpopular candidate of the bunch.

The R ballot and plank issues i could live with, so I made my vote count.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I’ve been texting my just turned eighteen year old kid at work to encourage him to get confident enough to vote.

I explained that you don’t have to vote for stuff you don’t know.

Apparently, his boss at the hardware store just printed out the ballot for him so he can take a look before he gets off work at six tonight and vote. Isn’t that cool?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Voted for McNutt today. That was my biggest voter issue and stringest reason for making sure I got there.

Cody Harris has far too much support from Straus to be trusted.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Voted. Like one guy said, if Strauss is pouring money and advertising into convincing me someone is conservative, despite their voting record, then they probably are not. Because Srauss damn sure ain't conservative.

from an idjit coffeeholic

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Voted. Like one guy said, if Strauss is pouring money and advertising into convincing me someone is conservative, despite their voting record, then they probably are not. Because Strauss damn sure ain't conservative.

from an idjit coffeeholic
    Ed Zachary

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I don't vote straight Republican anymore (libertarians can earn my vote) so I thought some discussion might be nice.

A little late now, but if you voted today, you either voted straight republican or straight democrat. Seeing how this was only the primary and you could only vote for candidates from one part or the other.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    The line when I was done voting was backed up on the Republican side. The democrat side was looking bored. Glad Salado is red.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A little late now, but if you voted today, you either voted straight republican or straight democrat. Seeing how this was only the primary and you could only vote for candidates from one part or the other.

Lots of libertarian candidates end up on the R ticket. Much better chance of actually getting elected by running on a major party ticket.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Lots of libertarian candidates end up on the R ticket. Much better chance of actually getting elected by running on a major party ticket.

True. We even had a Democrat run on the Republican ticket this year (Jim Hogan for AG), but it's still technically a straight party vote if they're all listed on the same sheet of paper in the primary.

Top Bottom