• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Is anyone else gettting a headache listening to Sen Joe. He sounds like a puppet that Barry has dancing by strings. I think he is acting on the defense but the polls will show it manana. I think it will show it as a tie. I think it should show it as an a** whipping but who am I to judge. I am just a small Redneck, gun owning , pickup driving conservative
    god fearing 100% american flag lover that believes that his opinion about what is right should matter in these days.

Ther are several quotes that come to mind that could follow this post but I cant choose the correct one. You know in your own mind what you think.
    Gun Zone Deals

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    Caught the tail end of it. Seems like he said the same Obama praising thing to every question...she was a little too nice, but she did good. We'll see what the Liberal News Media has to say...

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    I think that McCain supporters will view Palin as having come out on top just as Obama supporters will see Biden as having won. Likely no one had their vote swayed by this event.

I did feel like Palin was patronizing us with her overly folksy style and even winking at the camera a few times. If G-d forbid she became President, is this how'd she deal with Putin or Chavez, by aw-shucksing them and winking at them?

I even bet my wife at the start that we'd hear Palin say 'doggone' and she didn't disappoint. This debate was predictable enough that it could have made for a fun drinking game.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I think both candidates handled the debate well. Both played to their strong points and both didn't hurt themselves or the ticket. Both have shown they're comfortable public speaking and the small, few interactions between the two were cordial. I thought that refreshing. It showed acknowledgement and respect and frankly, I thought it class act.

Biden liked to talk and talk, that's what he does. He was borderline on too much and just enough. I thought his attitude and poise was where it needed to be in order not to hurt himself in looking like a bully or looking like a pushover. He stayed on point to attack McCain. He showed much understanding on foreign policy. I think that was going to be a given.

Palin did what she needed to as well, played to her strengths. I see it differently than above. I don't see her "folksy" attitude and replies as condescending. Palin is a Normal Joe and she did well connecting with millions of other Normal Joes across the US. That's why many Americans prefer Palin, because they can say, 'she is one of us'. People often tend to vote for those they feel comfortable with. And Palin can make a lot of people feel confortable, she played very well to that. She stated examples like sitting at a game and chatting with other parents. Everyone does that and it made a connection. That was used to get back the good that bumped the ticket up right after the convention. As for the specific words she used, like 'doggone', I'm use to hearing it, it didn't bother me one way or another - sounded pretty normal. As for the tone of her voice, the inflections and emphasis, you could see she wanted to use them more but was quick to reign them in. One of the criticisms she received from many was that she sounded snide or rude or sarcastic in the convention speech or vp nomination speech. I think by limiting the extent to which she used facial expresions and voice cues, she showed the hint of who she is and her personality without overdoing it to the point to recive the same criticisms again.

I do conur, these debates would make a heck of a drinkin game! :D

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I think that McCain supporters will view Palin as having come out on top just as Obama supporters will see Biden as having won. Likely no one had their vote swayed by this event.

I did feel like Palin was patronizing us with her overly folksy style and even winking at the camera a few times. If G-d forbid she became President, is this how'd she deal with Putin or Chavez, by aw-shucksing them and winking at them?

I even bet my wife at the start that we'd hear Palin say 'doggone' and she didn't disappoint. This debate was predictable enough that it could have made for a fun drinking game.

Don't worry. She'll just give a little flirting wink at them to get a compliment. Then the Arab world will issue a fatwa against both Putin and Chavez for flirting with that heathen Western woman and we'll get rid of them that way!;)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Speaking of flirting, winks and anything associated with this gender thing, anyone notice immediately after the candidates wre introduced and they walked out, the camera went to Palin and the men's little line ticker rose...??? hahaha Uhuh. I don't blame them, at the very same time I thought 'Dang, she looks good!'

Top Bottom