• ...and so much more!
  • Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Mike

I had issues with one mag when I got my Vz. It had been repainted and there was a gob of paint that needed to be smoothed down. Once I did that, it ran fine. Check your mags closely especially if the FTFs are only happening with some of them.

Cheers! M2

Thanks. I will check it.

Honestly, it was an odd malfunction. Basically it messed up the same way each time. A round would be about halfway into the chamber and the bolt would close on it bending it or denting it. It seemed to be the 3rd or 4th round each time. I tried filling the magazines to 20 and I was going to try each magazine individually, but I could not get it to repeat the malfunction enough to figure it out. I think maybe it just needed to be "broken in" because the malfunction seemed to happen less frequently after putting more rounds through it.
    Gun Zone Deals

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    Mike, possibly a feed ramp issue... see if you notice any wear favoring one side or the other as the bullet travels into the chamber. A little polishing might help clear that up. I have a DTechnic VZ.58 and love it, I'm still figuring out which stock I like on it though... Went from the Bakelite to the issued folder, to a Mako arms recoil reducing slider, to an ACE stock with a folding adapter, now back to the factory folder.

Note, if anyone wants a used VZ. 58 ACE stock adapter I have one lying around I probably won't use again.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    If free then Ill take it.

Got my vz58 in this week. Excellent job on the receivier and sights. Dont know when Ill get to shoot. :-(

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Mike, possibly a feed ramp issue... see if you notice any wear favoring one side or the other as the bullet travels into the chamber. A little polishing might help clear that up. I have a DTechnic VZ.58 and love it, I'm still figuring out which stock I like on it though... Went from the Bakelite to the issued folder, to a Mako arms recoil reducing slider, to an ACE stock with a folding adapter, now back to the factory folder.

Note, if anyone wants a used VZ. 58 ACE stock adapter I have one lying around I probably won't use again.

I might be interested. Is that the wire side folder stock? Can you giver a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom