0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I signed it. IMHO, Waco is a shithole.

Every single pet I own has been chipped. If the dog catcher picks any of them up, I get a call 10mins after they hit the door.

Get your pets chipped.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    I signed it. IMHO, Waco is a shithole.

Every single pet I own has been chipped. If the dog catcher picks any of them up, I get a call 10mins after they hit the door.

Get your pets chipped.

Thank you. Yes, Waco has its problems. I am a student here at Baylor, and try to do my part to help out when I can. My dog that I adopted is chipped and neutered also. I feel that if people would adopt their pets instead of buying them, make sure that they are fixed, and care for them responsibly we wouldn't have problems like this. The employees at the Humane Society have recently sacrificed their health benefits so that the shelter could operate at a higher capacity.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    The employees at the Humane Society have recently sacrificed their health benefits so that the shelter could operate at a higher capacity.
    Hope they are all single and no kids.
    I'm all for treating animals humanely and I've adopted a few over the years, but if you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of others or the animals.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Same issue I have....HS has, unfortunately, been taken over by the PETA types. Until and unless they get rid of 'em and their "animal rights" agenda, HS gets NOTHING from me. Ever.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    What is the problem with the city keeping them for the required amountof time?

The problem with the city keeping them for the required amount of time is because after 72 hours, they will kill them.

I've volunteered at the HS before, and the people are nice and down to earth.

I love to hunt, and I think many animals are tasty, but not the dog/cat variety.

Do as you wish, but if it is possible, please set aside any political notions of the organization and sign the petition to keep the animals alive.

The HS is doing a lot more for the animals than the city ever will.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Sad situation. Brought about by irresponsible people, who view pets as nothing more than an automobile or an old table.
    "Hmm, can't have a dog in this apartment complex, but it has a nice facade. Sorry Fido, to the pound you go."
    "Awe, this dog poops in the house and I don't want to spend the time to train it. We'll just get another one."
    I won't say this across the board, because every situation is different. But..in most cases, there is a man or woman who abandoned a responsibility when a pound has to put down an animal. I'm not sure in some of these situations, I wouldn't rather see the owner put down.

Yes, the Humane Society has a bunch of anti-hunting BS in them. But the local shelters are filled with good people who love the cats and dogs other leave as trash to be discarded. I hate to see a good dog killed because there is no home for it. It truly makes me sad.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Guys you have to look like it as this. All those Peta freaks get sigs from pro hunters. They can act blind to the fact that hunters love animals and just don't want to kill every single one.

How would it look if Peta was asked who signed there roster? And more then 50% were pro hunting. How would it look for an anti hunting group to get help from a pro hunting group? Why, thats sleeping with the enemy.....

We save a few dogs and cats.....they get a black eye........Win-Win

Change them from the inside out.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The problem with the city keeping them for the required amount of time is because after 72 hours, they will kill them.
    I guess I dont have a problem with that. The idea that every dog and cat needs to be kept alive at all costs is a liberal pipe dream. The idea that a dog or cat is somehow different than the chickens, cows, possums, hogs, deer, birds, bugs and any other animal we kill without a second thought is lost on me.

Unwanted and the city has to pay to feed it? 72 hours and out is good with me.

You cant remove politics. When the HS wants to align itself with PETA then they get to sleep in the bed they made. You cant have it both ways.

Too many other charities that actually need my money to help humans for me to lose sleep over this.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    I guess I dont have a problem with that. The idea that every dog and cat needs to be kept alive at all costs is a liberal pipe dream. The idea that a dog or cat is somehow different than the chickens, cows, possums, hogs, deer, birds, bugs and any other animal we kill without a second thought is lost on me.

You cant remove politics. When the HS wants to align itself with PETA then they get to sleep in the bed they made. You cant have it both ways.

Too many other charities that actually need my money to help humans for me to lose sleep over this.

Dogs and cats are vastly different than the animals you listed. They are apart of people's family, and have much more complex minds than those animals (aside from hogs, they're pretty smart). No one is asking for you to donate money, just to sign an online petition.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Dogs and cats are vastly different than the animals you listed. They are apart of people's family, and have much more complex minds than those animals (aside from hogs, they're pretty smart). No one is asking for you to donate money, just to sign an online petition.

Guess I disagree...good luck with your petition though.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)

Well said...as if I wrote it myself...but didn't...but "thunk" it! I'm with you on this...

Top Bottom