Waffle House is Anti -Gun

zaraster

Mar 19, 2008
Ennis
Emails to and from Waffel House
Ms Murner

Thanks for the info . No members of our organization will be eating at your Restaurants anymore.
You should know we are the good guys we have been checked by the FBI and state.
Trained with fire arms . and less likely to break any law than other citizens.
Your stores have good food and service and will be missed by our members.

Customer Service <customerservice@wafflehouse.com> wrote:
Thank you for inquiring about Waffle House's firearm policy. Our policy is no fire arms, guns,
knives or other potentially dangerous weapons of any kind are allowed on Waffle House property
except in the possession of a law enforcement officer or a security guard (in uniform). Anyone else
is asked to leave their weapon locked in their car while dining in the restaurant.

Caroline Murner
Waffle House, Inc.
Customer Service

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 6:55 PM
To: Customer Service
Subject: Waffle House Web Form Message

Site ID: Waffle House
Subject: Waffle House Web Form Message
First Name: Randy
Last Name:
Address1: City: Ennis
State: TX
Zip Code: 75119
E-mail Address:
Phone Number:
Special 1: all
Special 2: all
Comments: What is company policy regarding American citizens with hand gun license
caring concealed in your Restaurants
I am associated with a large group of licensed hand gun owners
** End of Comments **

DrBart2

Mar 10, 2008
Burleson
Do they post the 3006 sigh? I haven't been to a Waffle House in a long time. I usually go to IHOP which has no restrictions.

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
I can't say I have EVER seen a sign in compliance with 30.06 anywhere.

So, unless a Manager for some reason feels compelled to let you know they do not allow concealed carry, it's another case of throwing it against the wall and see what sticks. Don't cause a problem, but don't stick. :cool:

300shooter

Mar 6, 2008
Fargo,ND
the waffle house that I was in has a Ghostbuster type sign in the second set of doors you have to go into.

I have been in waffle house's in Va. Ark. and Tenn. and open carried in the one in Va. with no problems.

So I would say you can CC in there as concealed is concealed.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Yep, the only legal sign in Texas is the 30.06 sign of course, and there are some specific regulations on the sizing of the letters, etc:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/signposting.htm

Technically, if they don't have the proper 30.06 sign, you can still carry in a business where they may not like it. The only catch is that, if someone sees you printing and the manager asks you to leave, you have to otherwise you can be charged with trespassing. I say carry anyways if there is no 30.06 sign, and leave if asked to. Even if the manager puts up a big fuss about it, you still have not committed a legal offense so there is nothing they can do except ask you to leave.

brainiac

Mar 7, 2008
Parker County
I avoid Waffle House because a) their hash browns are fake freeze-dried and b) they get robbed a lot and there's never a good exit or any good cover.

Double Naught Spy

Mar 4, 2008
North Texas
LOL, I always find it funny when people complain about not being able to carry in places with really crappy food!!

I endeavor not to eat in such places and some of y'all are fighting to eat there. Holy smokes!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah, Waffle House isn't going to ruin my day. If it was like Dan's Hamburgers, or Kirbey Lane, then that'd suck.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members