• ...and so much more!
  • zaraster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Ennis
    Emails to and from Waffel House
    Ms Murner

Thanks for the info . No members of our organization will be eating at your Restaurants anymore.
    You should know we are the good guys we have been checked by the FBI and state.
    Trained with fire arms . and less likely to break any law than other citizens.
    Your stores have good food and service and will be missed by our members.

Customer Service <customerservice@wafflehouse.com> wrote:
    Thank you for inquiring about Waffle House's firearm policy. Our policy is no fire arms, guns,
    knives or other potentially dangerous weapons of any kind are allowed on Waffle House property
    except in the possession of a law enforcement officer or a security guard (in uniform). Anyone else
    is asked to leave their weapon locked in their car while dining in the restaurant.

Caroline Murner
    Waffle House, Inc.
    Customer Service

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 6:55 PM
    To: Customer Service
    Subject: Waffle House Web Form Message

Site ID: Waffle House
    Subject: Waffle House Web Form Message
    First Name: Randy
    Last Name:
    Address1: City: Ennis
    State: TX
    Zip Code: 75119
    E-mail Address:
    Phone Number:
    Special 1: all
    Special 2: all
    Comments: What is company policy regarding American citizens with hand gun license
    caring concealed in your Restaurants
    I am associated with a large group of licensed hand gun owners
    ** End of Comments **
    Texas SOT

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    Do they post the 3006 sigh? I haven't been to a Waffle House in a long time. I usually go to IHOP which has no restrictions.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I can't say I have EVER seen a sign in compliance with 30.06 anywhere.

So, unless a Manager for some reason feels compelled to let you know they do not allow concealed carry, it's another case of throwing it against the wall and see what sticks. Don't cause a problem, but don't stick. :cool:

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    the waffle house that I was in has a Ghostbuster type sign in the second set of doors you have to go into.

I have been in waffle house's in Va. Ark. and Tenn. and open carried in the one in Va. with no problems.

So I would say you can CC in there as concealed is concealed.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, the only legal sign in Texas is the 30.06 sign of course, and there are some specific regulations on the sizing of the letters, etc:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/signposting.htm

Technically, if they don't have the proper 30.06 sign, you can still carry in a business where they may not like it. The only catch is that, if someone sees you printing and the manager asks you to leave, you have to otherwise you can be charged with trespassing. I say carry anyways if there is no 30.06 sign, and leave if asked to. Even if the manager puts up a big fuss about it, you still have not committed a legal offense so there is nothing they can do except ask you to leave.

brainiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    I avoid Waffle House because a) their hash browns are fake freeze-dried and b) they get robbed a lot and there's never a good exit or any good cover.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    LOL, I always find it funny when people complain about not being able to carry in places with really crappy food!!

I endeavor not to eat in such places and some of y'all are fighting to eat there. Holy smokes!

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    crappy food yes

The food may suck but I am proud that someone took the time to raise the issue with the Waffle House. A nice letter pointing out some facts will cause them to pause and think. Will they change there mind, maybe not. But they will be forced to think.

If Dan's Hamburgers ever went to the dark side,:eek: we would be in trouble.

Chris

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    ...someone took the time to raise the issue with the Waffle House. A nice letter pointing out some facts will cause them to pause and think.

If you brought it up with just about any establishment, they might just say the same thing or at least have no comment and try to keep the fact that the question came up, hidden.

I doubt very seriously that you'll get anyone to stand up and publicly say it's OK to carry a concealed handgun into their place whether they're OK with it or not. The law takes care of that for them.

Concealed carry laws are written the way they are for a reason and if a place really wants to keep them out, the law prescribes what they can do to keep them out and you can bet, they know what it is.

It's a case where words aren't needed; action says it all.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    If you think about it, it would be ill-advised to state that they allow firearms in their establishment. If something happened, whoever decided to sue them would certainly add "Wafflehouse's policy allows citizens, with no formal training, to carry in their restaurants".......yadda, yadda.

The company's legal team may not ban handguns, but they would be crazy to publicly encourage it.....it could cost them millions in a lawsuit.

I read the email about their policy, but it isn't really anti-gun. It is anti-lawsuit. If their policy was truly anti-gun, they would post the required signage. Only the signage makes it illegal to carry.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    If you think about it, it would be ill-advised to state that they allow firearms in their establishment. If something happened, whoever decided to sue them would certainly add "Wafflehouse's policy allows citizens, with no formal training, to carry in their restaurants".......yadda, yadda.

The company's legal team may not ban handguns, but they would be crazy to publicly encourage it.....it could cost them millions in a lawsuit.

I read the email about their policy, but it isn't really anti-gun. It is anti-lawsuit. If their policy was truly anti-gun, they would post the required signage. Only the signage makes it illegal to carry.

I was thinking the same thing. It might be the legal butt coverage when they state that in an email, but they might "accidentally" omit the 30.06 sign from their stores. In such a sue-happy environment I can't necessarily fault them, or their stance.

aerod1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Garland, TX
    I haven't eaten at Waffle House in at least 20 years. Do I miss it? NO. Do I plan on eating at a Waffle House in the future? NO. There are way to many other places with GOOD food who don't discriminate against me, a gun owner.

Top Bottom