Military Camp

Wait for Rock River Arms LAR-8 (.308/7.62)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeNotAfraid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Red River, Texas
    Anyone heard any news on the "back orders" of the LAR-8 from the RRA factory?

Man---I have been hearing some scary factory stories: "...we are now working on orders from 2006," or some such.

Anyone just get their LAR-8? How long did it take?

I ordered up mine 10-3-2008 and was told "a few months.."

...still waiting...
    r308s09.gif
    Texas SOT

drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    I have the carbine one with a 16" barrel and 6 pos stock. I got luckey last summer and called around and found one between Bastrop and San Marcos it came in the day I called about it and nobody had claimed it yet so the dealer sold it to me. I drove over 100 miles to get it.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    A bit off-topic, but can you tell me why the RRA 7.62nato over any of the other brands in the same caliber? Would appreciate any opinions, as I am in the market for an AR in 7.62nato.

Thanks!

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    A bit off-topic, but can you tell me why the RRA 7.62nato over any of the other brands in the same caliber? Would appreciate any opinions, as I am in the market for an AR in 7.62nato.

Thanks!

Their rifles are accurate, they make a guarantee of the accuracy, and they put a good trigger on their rifles. The cheap mags are a big bonus too.

I decided on the 26" bull barrel model, never found one for sale, and bought a DPMS instead. The DPMS I bought is accurate, no problems, but the mags are about $45 each.

Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    I decided on the 26" bull barrel model, never found one for sale, and bought a DPMS instead. The DPMS I bought is accurate, no problems, but the mags are about $45 each.
    The only model RRA has made to date is the 16". The 26" varmint is next, so if you are looking for a 20" A2 it will be a long wait. The RRA Industry forum on ARFCOM has a monster thread if you want to hear other's experiences.

I, too, wanted an RRA varmint model but found a deal on a 20" DPMS so I took it. If I really want a longer barrel, I can swap it out later.

Back in October, the DPMS mags were $28 from 44mag.com. They are now $45. You can order compatible mags from CProducts for $22. Be prepared to wait, and CP's quality occasionnally is lax. They will make it right, so at half the price, looks like a good deal. Note that DS Arms has run out of surplus FAL mags and announced new mags to ship in a few weeks, for $20-30 (20, 25, and 30 round capacity). So the advantage RRA has to use cheap FAL mags is going away, as new FAL mags and new DPMS are close to the same price. Well, unless you already have an FAL and a pile of mags.

Lee

Top Bottom