Gun Zone Deals

Wal-Mart run for ammo...the result...it's a boy! (box of ammo)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • czechmate82

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I just not too long ago got back from a run to my local Wal-Mart here in Portland. I always stop in at the ammo counter...never know what they have (usually is empty shelf space :banghead:). I walk up to the counter, and there's a guy there buying a .22 rifle and 3 boxes of Remington UMC 115 grain 9mm ammo, 250 rounds a box. I couldn't believe that I had missed the 9mm ammo by a few minutes . Then I look at the counter near the register, and what is there...one box of the same Remington UMC 115 grain 9mm ammo, 250 round box. I asked the guy at the register if they had any more in the back (as I thought the guy was buying that one too), and they said no...the 4 boxes were their entire shipment recieved the previous night...but that the box by the register was not bought, and that I could buy that. It was $50 for the 250 rounds...not terrible...so I snapped it up so fast it made his head spin. I didn't want to wait there while they did the paperwork for the guy's rifle, so I checked out in automotive (where they do the oil changes). I walked out a happy man...I now have range fodder for my Stoeger Cougar and SigPro SP2022. I only wish it was 147 grain FMJ or 124 grain FMJ so I could simulate the 147 grain Federal HST and 124 grain Federal HST that I'm hoarding...oh well...at least I have ammo! I'm about to pass out the cigars...
    Lynx Defense

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    You actually SAW 9mm at Wal Mart?

Be glad...haven't seen that since last November.

I did come across one lonly box of 30-06 at our Wal Mart. It looked so lonely, sitting on that bare shelf....with only two boxes of 22 shorts above it to keep it company....so I took it home!

My 03 needs some fodder anyways!

- brickboy240

SAND_MAN1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You actually SAW 9mm at Wal Mart?

Be glad...haven't seen that since last November.

I did come across one lonly box of 30-06 at our Wal Mart. It looked so lonely, sitting on that bare shelf....with only two boxes of 22 shorts above it to keep it company....so I took it home!

My 03 needs some fodder anyways!

- brickboy240

Yeah, apparently the one I go to seems to get some in weekly. I've found some there 3 times in the last 6 weeks or so. Sometimes when I get there it was just a few minutes late. I went 2 weeks ago and missed out by a few minutes. The guy ahead of me got the last box of 9mm. I think the guy before him stocked up though so I guess he left him 1 box.

texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    I was in the local Walmart (Hurst, TX) yesterday. The shelves were empty. The guy said the ammo comes in at 4PM (when they get any) and it is gone in the first hour after they open the next day. I haven't found any 9mm, .38sp, .40S&W, or .45ACP in any of the 3 Walmarts I frequent in the last 6 weeks. The shelves are EMPTY.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Visited 3 Wal Marts on Houston's east side (while running errands for the business) yesterday. None had pistol ammo and one had one box of 30-06, so I did my duty and bought that one box.

This has been my experience with Wal Marts on this side of town for 3-4 months now.

Academy actually had a case of 7.62x39 yesterday...I had to rub my eyes...I thought it was an illusion! Again...I bought half and left the rest for someone else. Again...have not seen 7.62x39 at Academy in many months. Seeing 7.62x39 on a shelf at Academy was almost an out of body experience! LOL

You guys that find 45 and 9mm at Wal Marts...you are very lucky. Sorry, I am not paying Gander Mtn's sky high ammo price for plinking fodder...ditto for Bass Pro.

- brickboy240

czechmate82

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    When I went to Academy almost two weeks ago in Corpus Christi, they had 5 boxes of 7.62X39 Monarch behind the gun counter and a 5 box per customer limit on ammo. I was sorely tempted, as they were $5.79 a box still. But the wife said no more ammo until I shot all my Wolf stuff, so once I get my new Vz-58 to the range in a few days, I'll be looking again for it again...maybe my luck will be good again...

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    You guys that find 45 and 9mm at Wal Marts...you are very lucky.

I know I was lucky this past Monday. I was there to buy some pool chemicals and decided to stop by the ammo case. I bought the only box of 380 auto & 38 special. They also had 5 boxes of 9MM in WWB, but I only bought 2 boxes ($10.47/ea.). Left the other 3 boxes for someone else.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Last pay-day I bought 1 box of 180gr BB .40S&W and 1 box of winchester 150gr powerpoints for the ole 30-06. they had four boxes of each (I'd would have bought them all but I got no $) I'm hoping to find 1 more box of each this weekend

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    they had about 100 boxes of 9mm winchester at the walmart in flour bluff...

Thanks for the heads-up Wayne, I made a trip there special on yer tip hoping they'd still have some and...
    I was just there, I bought 4 boxes and my friend bought 6, they still had 50+ boxes Winchester Clean 50rds, 21.97/box. its all they had.

wayneside

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Thanks for the heads-up Wayne, I made a trip there special on yer tip hoping they'd still have some and...
    I was just there, I bought 4 boxes and my friend bought 6, they still had 50+ boxes Winchester Clean 50rds, 21.97/box. its all they had.

let me know if there is anything else you are looking for...i try to make it there in the mornings before the rush and have been fairly lucky. if they have what you are looking for...i can pick it up and save it for you...just pay me whatever it costs me!

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    let me know if there is anything else you are looking for...i try to make it there in the mornings before the rush and have been fairly lucky. if they have what you are looking for...i can pick it up and save it for you...just pay me whatever it costs me!

I'm not "low" yet but keep an eye out for .380 for me, I try and pick that up whenever I can 300 rds here and there lol

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom