• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'm not sure what your Wal-Mart is like, but let me tell you about the one nearest me.

1, Stop hiring stoners, Wal-Mart. And stop encouraging lazy work. One of the first times I grabbed a bad product and the cashier offered to exchange it. "Great...thank you". Then I see this huge tall young stoner with hair down to his butt, a gross beard, and dragging his feet. "Iiiii....caaaaan....taaaakeee thhhhaaaat" as he takes my broken product to replace it. And just fyi! No he wasn't disabled! Lol. I look at the people in line...they look at me...I just done f'ed up. They know it; I know it. Were gonna be lucky if this kid doesn't get lost or take under 10 minutes. After he returns I said never again. I will just leave something with the cashier next time.

2, stop giving me a million bags!!! If I shop with a hand basket, I don't need a bag for one item. My gosh. Just stop! Would you just put that tube of toothpaste in with my food bag? It doesn't need its own bag. Along with every other little thing.

3, the lines are backing up...must be standard Wal-Mart operating procedure to get some PIC's on the floor and stand around with radios. Nope! Don't go open another checkstand! Leave extra ones closed and don't get employees out there to open em. We don't want to take you away from being proactive. You have to stand their with a radio and watch the lines build up.

Even if I had this guy open up a new lane, if be like alright!

Or maybe this fellow
    Texas SOT

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    curly.gif

Fishhog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    East of Dallas
    I was driving through Kalifornia a while back, and hit one Walmart in the town of Fairfield that had NO bags ! You just had to throw the stuff in your cart and haul it out that way if you didn't bring your own. If you find one with a bag, you have to pay for them. Really some creepy employees out there too !

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Meh, there will always be trade offs for the low prices and huge selection.

I just hate (and not just Walmart) that there are seldom any options to buy American made products. We can make shitty products to sell in bulk too.

If you think it is only Walmart hiring dumbasses apparently you have never been to any other business with minimum wage workers.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

I just hate (and not just Walmart) that there are seldom any options to buy American made products. We can make shitty products to sell in bulk too.

If you think it is only Walmart hiring dumbasses apparently you have never been to any other business with minimum wage workers.
    Oh no. I was in charge of temp workers at my old. Whoever the temp service sent my employer was who we got for labor.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    This is the future of discount retail in America

Self check out, no service.

You walk in, put it in your cart, check yourself out and leave.

Employees who do not care

They could care less if you like it or not

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Part of the issue is that their P&L’s are tied to moving huge volume with wholesale pricing to the 4th or 5th decimal place.
    Just to appease the lowest common denominator customer who will drive across town to save nickel on a tape measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

Walmart pays $11 an hour.

For groceries I'd rather shop at H-E-B. I just wish there was one closer to me. Prices are as good as Walmart, selection is better and checkout is FAST.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I have never thought Walmart was supposed to be a great shopping experience and am surprised by those who do. It is all about price and volume. Don't like it? Go somewhere else.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    In my opinion, the problem with WalMart is not the people that work on the floor, it's the management, and I mean corporate management, the decision makers. Most WalMarts are understaffed, to say the least. But upper management will bring in a lot of staff to change the location of a section (under the premise that people walk by items on their search for something and buy something else, etc., etc.), and then pull those extra workers and nobody (employees or customers) knows where anything is located.

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    In my opinion, the problem with WalMart is not the people that work on the floor, it's the management, and I mean corporate management, the decision makers. Most WalMarts are understaffed, to say the least. But upper management will bring in a lot of staff to change the location of a section (under the premise that people walk by items on their search for something and buy something else, etc., etc.), and then pull those extra workers and nobody (employees or customers) knows where anything is located.

This is a calculated move.
    Its to get the customer to roam the store more.
    The customer then makes impulsive purchases as they pass thru different areas of the store.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    The customer then makes impulsive purchases as they pass thru different areas of the store.
    Absolutely! As is moving things around and to the far, far back of the store, etc. etc. I don't go to WalMart unless it's the only place open in town. And I will buy from a convenience store with slightly higher prices just so I do not have to walk 100 yds.+ after parking and then walk another 100 yds. after I get into the store.

Moonpie

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

Absolutely! As is moving things around and to the far, far back of the store, etc. etc. I don't go to WalMart unless it's the only place open in town. And I will buy from a convenience store with slightly higher prices just so I do not have to walk 100 yds.+ after parking and then walk another 100 yds. after I get into the store.

Ball&Chain feels the same way.
    She now prefers to hit the local Bottom Dollar as its a much smaller store with much short walking distances.
    Bottom Dollar is whooping Wal-Mart's ass down in my area.
    They are building stores at every crossroads! Even in very rural places.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Keep in mind that it's not always WM (or any store) doing the changing and rather the actual manufacturers who pay according to where they are on the shelf and of course that can chang a couple times a year if their product tends to be seasonal. Off season, they will pay less for a lower shelf, but in season they want to be right at eye level so you don't miss it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If I go to Walmart it's usually specific items, I hate Walmart and want to spend as little time there as possible. I will usually go to self checkout unless I see a lane open, which is rare. With the boom here I'm sure Walmart has only the cream of the crop employees, but that's all stores here.

Top Bottom