• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2020
    Montgomery
    I don't know about you guys but I'm sick of being rudely laughed at every time I ask that question.

I fully understand primers are hard to find, but here I am, a willing customer willing to pay multiple times retail if they did in fact have some.

Like "that" range officer that has to tell you that you're doing something wrong, when you have been shooting guns for 20 years, it is almost a prerequisite for a gun store clerk to be a douche.

It is literally, as if I walked in there and asked missile launcher.

If you are a gun store owner, might I suggest you be cool about it when someone asks about something that might be unavailable. Laughing at their request after they walked into your store ready to spend money is not good business.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I've rx'd some chuckles, but never outright laughter. LGS people here are not that rude. Usually they tell me they have had primers on order all year... and to keep checking back on Tuesdays. :)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    In these times it only causes ones blood pressure to peak letting the counter commando get to you.
    The poor schlub has probably been asked that question 3,457 times by noon every day for the last six months.

This.

I can only imagine how tired they are of being asked day after day after day and are being as polite as possible while attempting to maintain their own sanity.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don’t ask anyone if they have ammo or components in stock. I know where to find it (big gaping hole on the shelf) and whether it’s in stock or not. If somebody is holding it back, their loss of sale, not mine.

No different than toilet paper last year. Enterprising retailers could put up an OOS product list sign outdoor if they wanted to save someone time, but that’s about it.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I don't think I've seen any reference to hand loading equipment being available, out of stock, extreme price increases, etc. Anybody been looking to buy that equipment and found the prices as jacked up as everything else?

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    If I hadn't given all my reloading gear away in 2019 I could be a rich man today. I got to the point that I questioned my ability to do it safely anymore. Didn't want to be like a friend who has blown up two of those Turkish .45's.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Lots of reloading equipment is out of stock as well.

Yes, not just primers...almost everything....bullet molds? Good Luck....

Putting up signs doesn't help....they ask anyway......and the phone rings constantly from opening to closing all asking for ammo and primers.......or if I can order X,Y,Z.......

Folks are angry....they are tired of being told no........I don't blame them.......just wish they had the same empathy for me............

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Putting up signs doesn't help....they ask anyway......and the phone rings constantly from opening to closing all asking for ammo and primers.......or if I can order X,Y,Z.......

Folks are angry....they are tired of being told no........I don't blame them.......just wish they had the same empathy for me............

You can't sell what you can't get into your store.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    If I hadn't given all my reloading gear away in 2019 I could be a rich man today. I got to the point that I questioned my ability to do it safely anymore. Didn't want to be like a friend who has blown up two of those Turkish .45's.
    Well, if you HAD to blow up a .45, that's the one! At least they are a tad cheaper.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

I'm blown away by the total volume of gun related sales these days.
    It's not lack of product. It's demand.
    Plain and simple.
    We're not charting new territory.
    Check out the history of some of the companies that make ammo and components.
    A lot started because the founder couldn't get ammo, or bullets, or primers.

There's just a little different reason this time.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Just remember election years you need to stock up, then you won't be caught without.

Words to live by.

When I first started, it was pre Obama. I never left a gun shop without at least a case.

Daddy said there was only one thing that could be sold more than once. I can't remember what it was.

I’d rather just rent.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom