• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Been a while since I've been around, but finally getting spare time again, so figured I would get back involved. Looked for new years resolutions, fitness stuff, etc and didn't see any 5k type stuff.

I have been trying to get back in shape and started doing 5Ks and so far 1 10K. Didn't know if anyone else did. I have 1 in Austin Feb 1 (Terrain Race), 1 in Dallas on Feb 8 (Hot Chocolate 5K)and 1 in El Paso on Feb 16th (El Paso Marathon 5K).

If anyone is in one of those, would love to say hi. If not, maybe meet for lunch afterwards in Dallas or El Paso. Austin I will have a group of people running with me and will he muddy.

I am also doing the Run the Year 2020 trying to get 2020 miles this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    My kid is doing the 50k trail run in Banderra tomorrow. I run a couple of local races a year. Holler if you're around San Marcos. I get periodic emails from an outfit that shows all the local runs. I unsuccessfully tried to find a link. I'll post it up when I do, if you're interested.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I was in SM just before the holidays visiting my son. He is a Senior at Texas State and works at the Amazon fulfillment center. I will let you know next time I head that way. Actually, I gave him an AR upper for Christmas, he already had a lower. Let me talk to him but I might pick your brain about ranges in the area for him.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Oh, and I am interested in the link...as long as it isn't just the 50K trails. 10K wipes me out for a couple days. Need a year or 5 (maybe 10) to get to the 50K point.

Dead Roman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2019
    Pearland
    Ask me anything you want. I ran 30mi of a 50mi trail race on my 30th birthday. Marathon in 4:03. A handful of triathlons with 1 2nd place age group, and at least a dozen bike races.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Back in 2105, 16 and 17 I ran 1k a year, 6 miles at a time. I ran several 5ks. I enjoyed running, then switched positions in my job and time wasn't there anymore. Then I got divorced and stress ate.

Back at it this year, thoug . Goals are to be back to 2 miles by Feb, 3 miles by March, 4 by April, 5 in May and finally 6 by June. Doing my first organized run in May, the Beach to Bay marathon in Corpus Christi. You can run the entire 26, make it a 2 leg relay or a 6 leg relay. I am running on a team on the 6 leg.

What is your shoe of choice, OP? How about your training regimen? 2020 miles? That's 5.5 miles EVERY day. That is extremely ambitious. Do you have access to a treadmill for bad weather days? What tracking app are you using?

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    What is your shoe of choice, OP? How about your training regimen? 2020 miles? That's 5.5 miles EVERY day. That is extremely ambitious. Do you have access to a treadmill for bad weather days? What tracking app are you using?

I am wearing Brooks Adrenaline shoes.

Still trying to determine best regimen, been trying to jsut get daily movement, need to start pushing more and doing other exercises besides walking and jogging. Not trying to break speed records, just get in better shape. 5K pace is about 14:45/mile currently. Been trying to get 1 6 mile in weekly and stick to 3-4 miles every other day with just 1-2 mile days in between.

I hope to do the 2020 with incidental and intentional miles combined (all miles moved daily) with a intentional goal of at least 500. I am at 47.5 miles so far with 19 being intentional.

Yes, access to a treadmill but it kills my knees and groin areas. Read that a 0* incline can make it seem like a constant downhill, so I tried several inclines yesterday and 2.5* seems to make it easier. Need a couple more times to try it to make sure.

I am using Strava for intentional miles and Samsung Health for daily miles (subtracting the intentional before manually entering those.)

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I am really mad at myself for laying off for two years. I was running about 8:45 minute miles the first 2, then I tended to slow as the miles added on. Now the single mile is killing me at 12 minutes. The extra weight isn't helping, but I know it will fall off, already down 7 pounds since Jan 1.

I am in the Brooks Adrenaline as well. I use the Samsung Health app for everything.

I added a bicycle to my training and trying to get in one 20 mile ride a week. The zero impact gives me a training day that is better for the joints and works different muscles. Fort Worth has several places where I can ride off of public roads.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I recently picked up a bike as well. Trying to get that incorporated in as my rearend gets used to it. Bruises my tail bone.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    My wife is the runner in the family. She's doing a big race next month, but she's undecided if she's going 100k or 24 hours. We've been friends with the guy who started TROT since way before he started it, Rob puts on some awesome races if you get into that sort of thing.

Top Bottom