• ...and so much more!
  • lazypineapple

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Granbury,Texas
    are wallet holster illegal ?
    i saw a neat looking wallet holster that held a 22 mag pistol,
    it had a trigger hole so it could be fired without removing from holster.
    i googled, and found several for sale but some you had to remove gun from holster to fire,
    i was told you needed a special license to carry, such itiem
    is it a Texas or Federal law against these type holster?

BG. "hand over your wallet"
    Citizen. "here ya go" ,,,,,,,,Bang-Bang
    DK Firearms

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    To carry concealed in TX you need to have the Concealed Handgun License (CHL) except in special circumstances such as LEO carrying I believe.

Do you have a CHL?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    If you have your CHL, I can't think of any reason a wallet holster would be a problem. I have a friend that carries a KelTec .380 in a wallet style holster, although his you do need to remove the gun to fire it. But it comes out pretty quickly.

Now, lets talk about .22 mag as a defense round out of a short barreled pistol.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I don't see how a wallet holster is any different from pocket carry. A handgun is a handgun and a holster is a holster.

I don't recall TX Penal specifying that a gun has to be removed from a holster before firing. Not saying it doesn't exist! Just that I don't know of it.

Why did your buddy say it was illegal?

As for the holster itself, I'd never build, sell or provide a holster that doesn't cover the trigger. The liabilities associated with such an item able gives me an aneurysm. The idea is cool in the 'what if' sort of way. But in today's world, no way.

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    The difference between a wallet holster that requires you to remove the gun and one that allows it to be fire from within is that the latter makes the combo AOW according to the BATFE.
    There is nothing illegal about the holster until it is joined with the pistol. The main reason holster makers such as Galco, which made them for several different guns, stopped manuf. is that they could be held liable for what the end user did with it.
    The combo falls into the same category as a cane gun or a pen gun.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The difference between a wallet holster that requires you to remove the gun and one that allows it to be fire from within is that the latter makes the combo AOW according to the BATFE.
    There is nothing illegal about the holster until it is joined with the pistol. The main reason holster makers such as Galco, which made them for several different guns, stopped manuf. is that they could be held liable for what the end user did with it.
    The combo falls into the same category as a cane gun or a pen gun.

Those guys are such the party poopers

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Yup, The Bureau of Atrocities, Tragedies, Fiascoes and Entrapment have ruled that a device that is designed to conceal a firearm from identification as a firearm while said firearm is being fired is in of its self an AOW requiring a tax stamp.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I've got an old Jackass/Galco wallet holster for a High standard .22 mag derringer. Because you can shoot it while still in the holster it is now under NFA rules considered Any Other Weapon & all NFA Rules Apply

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Well see, I leaned something today (I can go to bed) Although I would probably never employ such a pocket holster, I had no idea such a thing was a no no. I guess I'll just have to stick with my HK .40.

Top Bottom