• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I can’t carry at work. However, I always have a firearm concealed and locked in my vehicle. I stopped by Wal Mart on the way home last evening and rearmed in the parking lot before going in ( common practice ). A man saw me, gave me the stink eye, and reported me to security ( first time in many occasions). The Guard approached me and asked if I was armed. I said yes and said I am licensed. I was told Wal Mart did not allow weapons. I asked if the store was posted and asked to be shown the sign. The sign clearly stated that lawful carry was permissible. I stated again I was lawfully licensed and the sign clearly stated I was allowed to carry. The guard told me Wal Mart was not going to allow to carry under the “ new “ law. I asked if he meant CC and he was a deer in headlights. I told him that law did not go into effect until 9/1. He then asked me if my gun would show and I said I was carrying concealed ( he had to ask me if I was armed ) , not the brightest bulb. He then left me alone without asking to see a license. These folks are clearly clueless as to gun laws.
    Hurley's Gold

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    My suspicion (and I base this solely on my limited experience in similar situations) is that because of the media, the uneducated masses are so afraid of guns that even us law-abiding, licensed citizens who legally carry tend to scare the sheeple. As already stated above: he was clueless and likely a bit nervous. Once he got a small bit of the facts, he tucked his tail.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I just wanted to say: good job, OP. You approached it with the right attitude and MAYBE educated the guy. He was probably just told "no guns" and obviously had no clue as to store policy.
    Sounding like Wal Mart is gearing up to deny CC.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Our Walmart does sell long guns. I have no idea if they stopped selling pistol ammo, as the shelves have been pretty barren for over a year.

The signs at Walmart around here clearly state “the unlawful possession…” I haven’t seen a 30-07 sign, though it was said they wanted to stop open carry in the stores after the El Paso shooting. How stopping legal open carry will stop crazy people who have no respect for the law from going in and shooting up the place boggles the mind.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I stopped going in chinamart when the removed firearms and most ammunition from their stores. If they don't have ammo, then I can purchase my oil and filters from Autozone.

I helped them remove two Henry rifles and some .45 Colt for them from their inventory! At a very, very good price too. Back when they started disarming themselves.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I avoid MoaMart, but going through their garden center generally avoids the masses and phuctards!
    This is one of those “neighborhood “ Wal Marts ( close to work ) . I was looking for some organic strawberries for my wife. They have no garden center or firearm related products ( unless you want to consider Mobil One as gun lube.
    I will add that the Guard was very polite and non confrontational. Very willing to accept my points.

Last edited:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Sometimes it's unavoidable to be spotted, when entering HEB I pull out my t-shirt to cover up. Two guys walking behind me said "hope he doesn't shoot anyone", I think they were being funny. I didn't comment just kept on walking.

TRIXXTERR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    Lol. Too funny. Love how you guys criticize people for following their policy, The whole interaction with the Security Officer, was pointless. He/She was doing what the employer asked, has absolutely nothing to do with state laws. Legal signage is required otherwise its a moot point.

Legally no companyor business, has authority to ask for your license. Same as asking to see your receipt if you ask me. Yes, I have one. No you can't see it..oh almost forgot. FYI, Security isn't trained on gun carry laws , in any state. Just following the guidelines set up by client, walmart, malls, etc,etc..

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Lol. Too funny. Love how you guys criticize people for following their policy, The whole interaction with the Security Officer, was pointless. He/She was doing what the employer asked, has absolutely nothing to do with state laws. Legal signage is required otherwise its a moot point.

Legally no companyor business, has authority to ask for your license. Same as asking to see your receipt if you ask me. Yes, I have one. No you can't see it..oh almost forgot. FYI, Security isn't trained on gun carry laws , in any state. Just following the guidelines set up by client, walmart, malls, etc,etc..

Well first of all, the Security Guard was not following Was Mart policy. The policy was posted on the outside wall and clearly stated as a lawfully licensed holder I was allowed to carry.
    Secondly, the Guard was not acting on Wal Marts behest but that of a customer ( ignorant as he may be)…..So, what’s your problem other than reading comprehension?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

You left out verbal notification....

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

He wasn't following their policy.

Top Bottom