• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    I went to both of the Great Walmarts of China in Pasadena. The one on Southmore was almost out of most homeland defense rifle calibers, the one on Fairmont was out. Pistol rounds were also scarce.

Eastex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    Rusk County
    Just one store here in Henderson, but 9mm and .45acp very low. Still a fair amount of hunting ammo. I bought another four boxes of 30-06. Biggest problem is not having a salesman in the sporting goods dept. to sell me the stuff!

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Rifle ammo very low and pistol ammo non existent at Longview Wally Worlds; at least in 9mm. Two stores have plenty of 40 and a box or two of .45; sold my .40 and looking for a .45 Maybe I will be back to shooting soon.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Word I got from my local wally-world is that they dont even know when they will be re-supplied, apparently the warehouse is empty as well....

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Here in Idaho, we are having the same problems, but not just at Walmart. I shop at Cabelas mostly and they've been out of the cheaper .45acp and very low on .40S&W for the past 3 weeks now. Kind of hampers my weekend plinking excursions as I haven't yet got the equipment for reloading.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I went to Sports Authority to buy some .45acp WWB 100 round boxes. They were about $7 higher per box than Walmart....for the exact same stuff. I asked them to match Walmarts price of $29.88, they called Walmart to confirm the price and gave it to me.

If a store will price match, use that to your advantage. The overpriced stores still have ammo, and most will match the price of Walmart after they call to confirm it. I bought 4 boxes, I saved $30 with tax and it was more convenient. Plus, Sports Authority had 8 boxes in stock and I feel lucky if Walmart has 3 100 round boxes.

Okay, I told you my frugal ammo secret.............

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    I can't get any CCI 300 primers or Unique powder here locally. My friend went to Houston yesterday and finally found some primers in El Campo. My wife found some powder on the net at a place in Maine. Shipping and all told was cheaper than you can get it in the stores here. My friend bought the last Federal 210 primers they had. He was told it might be 2 years before they got any more due to all of them being bought up by the govt. Hopefully, things will lighten up in a month or so.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Got lucky last Friday; one Wally World checked their locater for me and found 9mm BB at one across town. Ran right on over and bought the last 6 boxes he had. They weren't $8.57 anymore; back at the old price of $8.97. Good thing is that one phone call can let me know who has the goods.

Saxet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    Wal-Mart in Pasadena

The reason the Waly World in Pasadena on Fairmont is out of pistol is ammo is that I stocked up on .38, .357 & 9mm on Wednesday, not that they had much to choose from.

The best Wally World for ammo will be Deer Park.

FYI.....they didnt seem happy to be selling the ammo, maybe it was having to unlock the case and the fact they tried relocking the case after each box of ammo I selected.

Love to know of a better place to buy ammo if anyone knows.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Well even a couple weeks after my initial walk through at Cabelas, Sportsmans Warehouse, and a couple other smaller sporting goods stores, I'm still having a hard time finding .40S&W and .45ACP. However as a result I've been spending more of my gun money on .30-30 ammo.

kfriddile

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    I cleaned the Richardson Walmart out of 600rds of Winchester 7.62x39 yesterday. They were out of BB in all calibers.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom