Walmart to stop selling .223/5.56 and all handgun ammo

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
No more open carry in their stores either!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html

That is, "Walmart is also asking customers at Walmart and Sam’s Club to no longer openly carry firearms in stores, in states where 'open carry' is allowed, unless authorized law enforcement officers are present."

It will be interesting to see how they will enforce that unless they put up 30.07 signs. Yes, a manager could walk the store and "ask" people to leave, but is that effectively "giving notice?" Some would argue that it is, but if given a choice then refusing to do so, what happens then?

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
Jan 9, 2013
San Angelo
I have rifles chambered in 9x19 and .45 acp and 45LC, as do a lot of other people. Likewise, there are rifles chambered in just about every 'rifle' caliber/round made....

Kar98

TGT Addict
Aug 8, 2016
DFW
No more open carry in their stores either!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html

That is, "Walmart is also asking customers at Walmart and Sam’s Club to no longer openly carry firearms in stores, in states where 'open carry' is allowed, unless authorized law enforcement officers are present."

It will be interesting to see how they will enforce that unless they put up 30.07 signs. Yes, a manager could walk the store and "ask" people to leave, but is that effectively "giving notice?" Some would argue that it is, but if given a choice then refusing to do so, what happens then?
Well it's effictively, but not efficiently.

kbaxter60

Lesser Being
Jan 23, 2019
Pipe Creek
Sad to see them cave like that. I have bought very little gun-related from them in years, but this just makes me want to avoid their stores. The conceal carry "request" is just stupid. They did such a good job of protecting their customers in their store, why would I have a problem with it?

Last edited:

ldcarson

Sep 21, 2008
Brasilia, Brazil
Just cancelled my account with them and will not be going to their stores anymore....Didn't Dicks Sporting good store do this a few years back? Oh well. if all of us speak out with actions, this will have an effect on them.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member