• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Sure. There are lots of databases that are illegal for the federal government to maintain so they just let private industry do it and pay them for access.

For the most part, it's illegal for the feds to put together anything that looks like, for example, Accurint. But Accurint makes a great deal of money selling their data to the feds.

benenglish,

That is yet another reason to BOYCOTT Wal-Mart until/unless their "new policy" is REVERSED PERMANENTLY, ALL RECORDS on customers' gun/ammo sales are DESTROYED, the corporate CEO goes onto NATIONAL TV, DISAVOWS their "new policy on guns & ammo" & OPENLY also CONDEMNS the ANTI-GUN MORONS.

Our family, for just one of MANY, will BOYCOTT W-M forever, unless they DO all of the above. = NOTHING that W-M sells is only available there.
    (Fyi, I collect antique cars & USED TO BUY my tires, batteries & other auto supplies at W-M. = The company has LOST my business & that of our entire family.)

Note: TARGET & DICK'S have also lost our business, PERMANENTLY.

yours, satx
    Lynx Defense

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I myself am okay with paying a little more at a locally individually owned Napa Auto Parts than going to WM. I also do not mind passing WM to drive to said Napa.

Same for Target and Dick's. I will go to Academy, Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    Sure. There are lots of databases that are illegal for the federal government to maintain so they just let private industry do it and pay them for access.

For the most part, it's illegal for the feds to put together anything that looks like, for example, Accurint. But Accurint makes a great deal of money selling their data to the feds.
    LexisNexis

Reactions: JCC

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    My daughter is going for her paralegal and there are multiple systems for data out there like LexisNexis.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The crap of it is that you can be burned because a relative of yours signed up and put their stuff in the file. The data got sold/shared to the feds, the feds decided that a near family member of that record must be a match for this serial killer DNA sample, so they send SWAT to kick in your door and start shooting.

I must have missed that on the news. Can you help me find the link to that?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    My reading comprehension skills must really be failing. Can you point out "feds decided that a near family member of that record must be a match for this serial killer DNA sample, so they send SWAT to kick in your door and start shooting."?

"Then DNA and the internet appear to have caught up. Reporting from The Sacramento Bee and Mercury News indicates that police arrested Joseph James DeAngelo based on DNA found at crime scenes that partially matched the DNA of a relative on the open-source genealogy website GEDmatch."

I dont know if they sent SWAT to serve the warrant.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Walmart to Stop Selling All E-Cigarettes, according to multiple sources.

Depending on media bias, it’s either due to ‘OMG children are dying’ or regulatory uncertainty.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    But, still regular cigarettes....
    Walmart only ever sold the large name brand e-cigarette stuff, right? Those are all owned by tobacco companies, and actually have better profit margins than traditional cigarettes.

Sounds like Walmart is ditching things that are "problematic". I wonder how committed the shareholders are to being woke...

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    My reading comprehension skills must really be failing. Can you point out "feds decided that a near family member of that record must be a match for this serial killer DNA sample, so they send SWAT to kick in your door and start shooting."?
    Using private DNA databases to identify possible matches to crime scene dna through relatives happens, misidentification of suspects happens, and police kicking in doors and shooting everyone in the house regardless of crime or guilt happens. Is it a stretch to think that the three might happen in connection?

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    So I was able to find some 9mm ammo at Academy that was about .16 cents a round. I have not opened the box yet but fingers crossed it’s brass cased. Hubby promised me that if it’s steel it will say it on the box. The brand is Browning I think. It’s still in the truck and hubs is gone in it ATM.

Ammo is 124 grain instead of my usual 115 grain but that should be all good?

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    So I was able to find some 9mm ammo at Academy that was about .16 cents a round. I have not opened the box yet but fingers crossed it’s brass cased. Hubby promised me that if it’s steel it will say it on the box. The brand is Browning I think. It’s still in the truck and hubs is gone in it ATM.

Yeah no worries. Unless it's Monarch :P

If it's this stuff, that's good stuff and a good price..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190921-183554.png
      Screenshot_20190921-183554.png
      201.9 KB · Views: 180

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas

You did good. Saw your post and ordered a few boxes myself with free shipping BTW.
    Thanks

Top Bottom