• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    No more open carry in their stores either!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html

That is, "Walmart is also asking customers at Walmart and Sam’s Club to no longer openly carry firearms in stores, in states where 'open carry' is allowed, unless authorized law enforcement officers are present."

It will be interesting to see how they will enforce that unless they put up 30.07 signs. Yes, a manager could walk the store and "ask" people to leave, but is that effectively "giving notice?" Some would argue that it is, but if given a choice then refusing to do so, what happens then?

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I have rifles chambered in 9x19 and .45 acp and 45LC, as do a lot of other people. Likewise, there are rifles chambered in just about every 'rifle' caliber/round made....

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    No more open carry in their stores either!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html

That is, "Walmart is also asking customers at Walmart and Sam’s Club to no longer openly carry firearms in stores, in states where 'open carry' is allowed, unless authorized law enforcement officers are present."

It will be interesting to see how they will enforce that unless they put up 30.07 signs. Yes, a manager could walk the store and "ask" people to leave, but is that effectively "giving notice?" Some would argue that it is, but if given a choice then refusing to do so, what happens then?

Well it's effictively, but not efficiently.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Sad to see them cave like that. I have bought very little gun-related from them in years, but this just makes me want to avoid their stores. The conceal carry "request" is just stupid. They did such a good job of protecting their customers in their store, why would I have a problem with it?

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    From the article....

"However, Walmart will continue to sell long barrel deer rifles and shotguns and much of the ammunition for those guns."

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Even less reason to go in ChinaMart anyway. They have ruined businesses and destroyed communities the world over. Why am I not surprised? If they cease to offer what We the People want, their status as #1 will fade. Not to mention their "Deer" rifle ammo is for the most part, a better man killer than 5.56mm. Hunter stuff is waiting for the next excuse. A lot of low wage jobs will fade with them.
    Sadly in many places there is no other choice, and that too is ChinaMarts fault.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    No longer sell handgun ammo, and wants people to refrain from carrying in their stores. That will make them a gun free zone and basically put a target on their backs.

Top Bottom