Hurley's Gold

Walther PPQ M1 (lever mag release) coming back to the USA.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhog1978

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    Didn't pay NEARLY as much as you'd think, given the scarcity of these things (esp. in the US). Met a guy, got to be pretty good buddies. He's a gun enthusiast/collector, and I mentioned that I lusted for the PPQ M1 Navy, but that there simply weren't any out there. He said, "Well, actually, I have three of them".

I woke up in the hospital, recovered from my stroke, and asked him if he'd sell one. He said, "Sure", and made me a HELL of a deal. He told me not to mention his name or how much he charged, cause he doesn't want PPQ crazed lunatics beating his door down (no kidding!).

So, there you have it -- right place, right time (the secret to life)!

jhog1978

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    Wait. You found a NIB PPQ Navy M1? You paid a fortune and are one lucky owner.
    Does it have the improperly installed rear sights on it that S&W did to most of them?

Don't know yet, but that's such an easy fix, I'm not worried about it. Just beside myself with joy!

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Didn't pay NEARLY as much as you'd think, given the scarcity of these things (esp. in the US). Met a guy, got to be pretty good buddies. He's a gun enthusiast/collector, and I mentioned that I lusted for the PPQ M1 Navy, but that there simply weren't any out there. He said, "Well, actually, I have three of them".

I woke up in the hospital, recovered from my stroke, and asked him if he'd sell one. He said, "Sure", and made me a HELL of a deal. He told me not to mention his name or how much he charged, cause he doesn't want PPQ crazed lunatics beating his door down (no kidding!).

So, there you have it -- right place, right time (the secret to life)!

Sounds like a good man, congrats on the acquisition!

jhog1978

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    PPQ Navy - Mine - 1.jpg PPQ Navy - Mine - 2.jpg PPQ Navy - Mine - 3.jpg PPQ Navy - Mine - 4.jpg

So, I picked up the PPQ M1 Navy today. Photos aren't great, but I was too busy checking things out to get the "good camera" out, to take the pictures (iPhone photos are "second best"). It's all I was hoping for: An original PPQ M1 Navy (the VERY BEST of both versions of the PPQ -- the Navy version, WITH the paddle-style mag release -- IMHO the best innovation for a semi-auto pistol EVER!), the 4" barrel, AND the 4.6" barrel), the "First Edition" case, and (unfortunately) two 15 rd mag's (my state does not allow >15 rd. mags -- DAMMIT!). Factory new.

I almost (ALMOST) hate to pump the first round through it, but SOMEHOW, I think I will be able to find a way to make it happen.

More to come, but as of now, I'm...............giddy (not a word I often use)!

Last edited:

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Congrats! It just looks so lonely with that cylinder shaped cutout in the box and no suppressor to fill it.

jhog1978

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    So, I took the new PPQ M1 Navy to the range, yesterday. OMG -- I LOVE this thing. Photo of the first 15 rounds ever to be put through it is attached.
    PPQ - first 15 rounds.jpg
    Six inch target at 25 ft., all 15 rounds on target, many touching each other. I love the weight, the feel, the grip, the (night) sights, and especially the trigger! Got off a couple of triple-taps -- just friggin' amazing pistol, all the way around. Could not be happier!!!

Top Bottom