APOD Firearms

Walther PPQ M1 (lever mag release) coming back to the USA.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    I know many folks in the USA that like the button mag release. Walther realized that and after having the PPQ M1 (lever mag release) in the USA for a couple of years, they introduced the M2 with the button mag release last year. They stopped importing the M1.
    Walther just announced they they are sending the M1 back into the US market.
    https://www.facebook.com/WaltherArms
    Walther Arms
    PPQ M1.JPG
    Guns International

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    Good to hear. I've been trying to find a used model one and they have definitely dried up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nice ...I heard this a while back, but it never seamed to materialize. After trading my PPQ .40 M1, I look forward to buying another in 9mm this time. I think the frame is too light for .40 and doesn't seem to handle it well. It wasn't terrible , but was the snappiest .40 I ever shot.

I prefer the trigger guard release to the grip button type, course that's why I've held out.

Last edited:

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    Great! I happen to like the paddle release on the trigger guard. Your finger is already right there and it's quicker than reaching around/up with your thumb to find a button.

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    Well I picked up one at the Saxet in Austin on Saturday. The price was right and after walking the room, it was the only PPQ in the whole show. There were a fair amount of P22's and PK380s. And a few PPSs and even PPXs.
    Sadly it was an M2. I don't think we'll see M1's very often now. But I think I'll love it anyway.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have been looking for a 9mm companion for my wife's S&W 99. She has a .40 and is a lefty. Having the equivalent Walther in 9mm will be a good thing

Phoneguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    You can buy the extended threaded barrel online from Earl's (factory US rep) or from Jarvis (non-OEM). Put your own sights on it. Buy the 15+2 mags. You'll have a 1st Ed then.
    S&W (importer at the time) screwed up many of the 1st Ed with some very sloppy sight installations. I'm sure they didn't like having to import a superior pistol, then work on it, to anything that they had on the market. Wouldn't surprise me if they screwed many of the 1st Ed on purpose because it wasn't their product. Or maybe I just think the worst in folks when it comes to business and competition.

jhog1978

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014
    YEEEEHAH! I finally found/bought the PPQ Navy M1 I've been looking for, FOREVER!!!

I've been asked not to reveal the source, but it's factory new (in the cool large plastic box with the metal latches), comes with both the 4.6" threaded barrel AND the standard 4" barrel, night sights, and two 15-rd. mags (I live in Colorado, so I CAN'T have the 17 rd. mag -- WAAAAAH!).

YES -- this is the amazing PPQ Navy, with the paddle-style mag release, not the button release. The best of ALL worlds, IMHO.

Happy-happy, joy-joy!!!

Phoneguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Wait. You found a NIB PPQ Navy M1? You paid a fortune and are one lucky owner.
    Does it have the improperly installed rear sights on it that S&W did to most of them?

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I've got a slew of H&Ks, a Walther, a Springfield and a Sig. It's easy as pie to manipulate either mag release system. I use both thumb and trigger finger simultaneously to kick the mags on the lever release pistols.

Top Bottom