• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Landramodon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Austin
    Hey guys, i'm having a hard time finding a descent sized gun to conceal. I'm stuck between the new Walther PPS and the Kahr cw-9. What do you guys think about those two? Anyone have any better choices? I want Something small and sleek but very effective. Definately not a glock! Anyone have any opinions or ideas??
    Thanks
    ARJ Defense ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Honestly, I would go with a PPS but, I'm biased and never really liked Kahrs. The only Kahrs I've ever shot were all extremely punishing recoil wise. The 9mm PPS' I've shot all had less felt recoil compared to even a G19 from what I remember. Not to mention, IMO Walther is much better quality than Kahr. The nice thing about the PPS is with the 7rd and 8rd mags, the baseplate extensions add enough grip to fit larger hands too. Depending on your size, with the 6rd mag the gun is just small enough that many larger guys could probably get away with pocket carrying one. Though I would say the PPS is probably about the largest gun you could somewhat comfortably pocket carry.

Sidewayz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Decatur, TX
    I had a Walther PPS 9mm about a year ago and currently have a Kahr CW9 and a CW40.

The PPS is a great gun. Felt recoil is not bad at all and mine had zero malfunctions through about 250 rnds. It is thin and light but feels top heavy due to the huge slide. For me, it was a bit big for comfortable pocket carry. I ended up returning it to S&W for a full refund because the First Editon finish was peeling off. I figured if they couldn't get the finish right then they didn't need my money.

Now I have a CW9 with 220rnds so far(zero issues) and a CW40 with zero rounds so far. I love the CW9! It is thin and light and feels well balanced. Especially compared to the PPS. Felt recoil is no more than the PPS and definatly less than I expected from this size pistol. Even +p 115gr CorBon feels fine. It is also very easy to use. Has no trigger saftey do-dad or grip insert disconnector thingamajigs. It's simple, safe and in my opinion is one of the best CCW guns available. Kahr is no slouch in quality either. Due to it's size and weight it all but disappears in a nice fitting OWB or IWB holster. AND, it'll do pocket duty also with a nice pocket holster.

I recently got the Kahr but until then had to decide which CCW gun to get. The PPS was back on my short list so I did consider it again. BUT, Im glad I went with the CW9.

My .02

Landramodon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Austin
    but arent the pps and cw9 very similar in size and weight? Also in reference to pocket carry, arent they the smallest(thinnest) available, as opposed to a glock, s&w, etc???

Sidewayz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Decatur, TX
    They are the thinnest available as far as I know. And they are similar in size. The PPS is a little over a half an inch longer, which is important for pocket carry. Height is almost the same. The CW9 is 17.9 oz w/empty mag, the PPS is 21.5oz w/empty mag.

Go shoot both of them before making a decision.

Top Bottom