• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    Just curious how many people here have shot the Walther P-99 AS I am looking at buying one for my conceal carry.
    Venture Surplus ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I used to own one. They are AWESOME and incredibly underrated. They have the second most ergonomic grip on a semi auto, only topped by the H&K P30. They are about the size of a G19/23, though they are much more "organically" shaped since they are very rounded in overall profile, which would make for a nicer carry gun. If I can ever find a first gen 9mm P99 AS, that will be my carry gun. ;)

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    my friend has one.. we shoot it a ton as he just got his swr trident.. my only complaint is the trigger pull. The de-cocker is a great feature in my opinion.. also has chamber indicator and indicator on if the gun is cocked or not.. no real saftey on the gun but you can have a round in the chamber but decocked. I prefer this over the glock/xd grip/trigger safety systems.

Im not real familiar with carry holsters for that weapon.. im on the fence if I would carry it.

AmmoTwo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Central Texas
    Randy45, I have owned mine for going on 8 years now and it is my daily carry. It is a first generation OD green model chambered in .40cal, this gun has been hands down the best gun I have owned to date. Others I have purchased along the way I have not kept because they just do not compare to this one. It looks like I am going to have to buy another, maybe in the compact version this time around.

Buy one, you won't regret the purchase.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    Currently own one. They are great pistols, the thing I like best about the AS is that every time you pull the trigger the striker hits the primmer. No need to re-rack if the round doesn't go off the first time. You have heard of Tauruses second strike?
    Pull the trigger and the round does not fire you can pull it again for a second try? Well you can do it all day with the P99AS. Not that you would do it more than twice cause if the round doesn't go off after the second try you need to get a new round in.
    And the pistol is accurate, light weight even fully loaded. And it has a decocker which is something you don't see on a lot of striker fired guns. Just a great gun.
    Also ProMag makes a magazine for it ( for cheap ) that actually works very well, I have two and have never had a problem with them. I only use them as range mags but they work.

One draw back to the Walther P99AS is the price. In most places it is around 700.00.
    You can get a Glock19 which is a nice pistol, doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the P99AS has but it is a good gun, holds one less round and is about 200.00 less.

Top Bottom