• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    I am mainly a Beretta Guy, I love my 92FS, But I am looking to pick up something else. So I am looking for some help. I can't decide between the Walther PPQ M2 (4" vs 5") or the Glock (34 vs 19). I am also looking for some feed back on the Ruger LCP II.
    Venture Surplus ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The mid size Glock is the gold standard to judge the walther by. Interesting cal, 357 Sig. It's expensive as hell.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/357sig

The Ruger verses a S&W Shield would be a better comparison. American to American. A Glock 42 has a different angle of grip. Flatter grip. European grip.

If your heart changes on the 357 Sig. 9mm hasn't changed from the go to round.

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    Thanks for the reply.. I apologize. I thought the Glock 34 was the long slide 9mm. As that is what I was looking to compare with the PPQ M2 5". Although the 357 Sig is nice I cant afford to get into another expensive cartridge, I can barley shoot my 10mm as much as I want because that price is nuts.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    It really helps if you include your intended use. The fact that you listed the smaller models indicates you may include concealed carry as a use.

I own a Glock 34, and it is a great gun. When I lay it next to my 5” PPQ M2, and friends shoot targets, they are usually more accurate with the PPQ. I seem equally bad with both. I do appreciate the Walther ergonomics over the Glock. I would not carry either of them concealed due to size.

YMMV

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    If you want aftermarket support like race triggers, stick on bling and other tacticool crap, get the Glock.
    If you want a pistol that's already perfect from the factory, get the Walther.
    And yes, the Glock 34 is the long slide 9, very similar to the Glock 17 L.

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    The use for the PPQ M2 or Glock 34 would be used for target and HD. The LCP II would be for summer concealed carry, when I am out for a run

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    If you want aftermarket support like race triggers, stick on bling and other tacticool crap, get the Glock.
    If you want a pistol that's already perfect from the factory, get the Walther.

Do you recommend one PPQ M2 model over another?

dmancornell

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Austin
    Walther has the better trigger but Walther OEM mags cost more. Glock has the edge on aftermarket accessories, but night sights are the only thing they need anyways.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I hear such good things about the PPQ. I'd shoot one if I were you and decide.

I have a hate relationship with the LCP. Other than an airweight S&W shooting .357's, that thing's recoil just bothered the heck out of me. I've carried an LC9s pro for the last couple of years though - love that one. Neither are great for extended range times, but the LC9 is so slim it's a great concealed carry gun.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've got a Glock 19 and a Walther PPS. I love the PPS for a carry gun. Very good feel, nice and slim size for carry.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    The LCP II is quite different than the original. Easier to hold on to, and a much better trigger. I struggled with the original trigger. When squeezing the trigger, the meat of my finger would get behind it, which meant I had to squeeze harder, which meant more meat behind the trigger. Sounds funny as hell, but the bottom line is I couldn’t shoot it. I don’t mind the LCP II at all.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    The LCP II is quite different than the original. Easier to hold on to, and a much better trigger. I struggled with the original trigger. When squeezing the trigger, the meat of my finger would get behind it, which meant I had to squeeze harder, which meant more meat behind the trigger. Sounds funny as hell, but the bottom line is I couldn’t shoot it. I don’t mind the LCP II at all.
    Thanks for that info - I haven't shot one of the II's. I'd like to, to get the taste of the LCP out of my mouth.

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    I've got a Glock 19 and a Walther PPS. I love the PPS for a carry gun. Very good feel, nice and slim size for carry.
    I have read some great reviews on the PPS. However some say the trigger is to light for a carry gun. It may just be a personal preference for them. What are your thoughts on the trigger?

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL

Thank you for the info. I will have to rent one as well.

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    ItsI all about that paddle mag release.

That may be a good option for me since I am a lefty. I keep my 92 mag release for right hand shooting and even though I am fine using my middle finger on my left hand I do not like breaking my grip to change magazines

Top Bottom