• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Hey Guys, I just wanna go out for a long weekend in west texas, are there any places to visit with family and some desert where we can stop and shoot ?

Thanks for ideas.
    Guns International

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    No such thing as public land in Texas. Not really gonna find somewhere to shoot for free, if that's what you were looking for.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Hey Kusai, there are several members here from west Texas who own or control large tracts of land. Hopefully one of them will pipe up and offer you a place to head to. I know that the range officer for a range in Alpine is here. That would be a really cool range because of it's hilly/mountainous location.

Everything else out here is pretty darn flat which brings me to my next point. Do not follow the instructions of those who will tell you to just find yourself a dirt road, follow it for a while and do some shooting. First of all it's illegal to shoot from a road like that (yes even in west Texas) and second you would be violating one of the very first rules of shooting safety: Know your target and what lies beyond it. What looks to you as a barren desert landscape is actually full of life. From massive herds of cattle to oil field workers and yes there are thousands and thousands of workers out in those fields 24 hours a day, to farm and oil field equipment. There is also not a whole lot else to stop a bullet so your risk of hurting someone/something is even greater.

Good luck with your trip and hopefully you find exactly what you are looking for.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom