Guns International

Want an Affordable Assault Rifle...Opinions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pxranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    The Republic of Texas
    I think that an sks would be your best bet, the best being the YUGO m59/66. They're not too expensive (mint condition for < $300), they are made very well (like most SKS's), and they have a grenade launcher. While you can't buy grenades, you could probably still find a use for it if you ever needed to.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    I say this with no disrespect intended. Please consider that the use of politically-charged terms such as 'assault rifle' can feed the flames of the hysterical and uninformed who oppose our rights to possess firearms.

After all, this was considered an 'assault rifle' at one point:

Attachments

• d_52_02.jpg
      d_52_02.jpg
      81.1 KB · Views: 257

Centuryhouse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Out of those you list I would go with the SKS or either of the SAIGA carbines.

I'm a big SKS fan and a little biased there, but love the AKs too and think Saiga are really nice quality. Since both are in the same approximate price range you could go with either. Ammo for the .223 is pricy right now so i'd go with 7.62x39.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Buy an AR-15 lower & build on it as you can afford it. Buying cheap stuff gets you nowhere. Think about the ammo you could possibly blow $$$ on while playing with a cheap gun as parts you could buy towards a decent rifle that you can always add to.

Moe Howard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    I am with a lot of others here and throw a vote toward the SKS. I have one in a polymer stock and added a 40 round mag. Now, I got mine for $75 so at the gun show this weekend I nearly threw up seeing SKSs for $250 and up.:eek:

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    Any AR fans here?

Save your $$ for an AR platform.
    You can find a good Ar15 for $700-$800 or build one of your own for less. Then buy ammo in bulk and learn to reload.
    Reloading will save you up to 50%.

You will not be disapppointed in an AR15 and AR does not mean "assault rifle".

• You can buy an AK47 for as little as about $400. You can shoot steel case in it all day and if breaks you have lost nothing.

Top Bottom