• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    WHich is why I qualified my statements and gave either/or scenarios.

If it was a felony in Colorado, he is not eligible under federal law to purchase the handgun, or to even possess one in Texas.

If it was not a felony, then under Texas law he is not prohibited. If it was not a felony but it IS a domestic violence (per federal law) conviction then federal law makes him inelgible.
    That's all I was trying to say.:banghead: Now what about the last scenario? What if he did just try? Would he be subject to arrest or other legal action against him if he tried to buy a firearm and failed the background check.?
    Lynx Defense

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Now what about the last scenario? What if he did just try? Would he be subject to arrest or other legal action against him if he tried to buy a firearm and failed the background check.?

If he truthfull answers the questions on the 4473 then I don't belive there is any penalty for being "denied"..

Of course if he were to lie.........

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    How do you know gun laws so well? You always seem to right on even when I look them up you got but quicker. It's not normal for anyone other than lawyer!!!!!!!!!!!! You're a lawyer? I figured it out!

Top Bottom