• ...and so much more!
  • glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Our insurance has gone up greatly the last 2 years, with the biggest increase this year. We're now being billed every 6 months, by Geico, almost $1300 for 2 cars, one driver, and we won't drive over 7,000 miles a year. USAA was able to give me a quote of a few dollars less if we get homeowner insurance through them. $2600 a year just to drive to HEB, doctor appointments, and Wal-Mart seems a bit expensive to me. Anyone getting any better prices?
    Gun Zone Deals

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Every insurance company that uses those plug in dongles for tracking also use them to sense acceleration rates, braking as well as correlate driving during inclement weather. Other drivers can cause you to brake hard that can affect your perception as a good driver as one who follows too closely. They also track vehicle speed. The data is without context and can work for you or against you.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    USAA will probably charge about as much for their homeowners policy as anyone else would for both homeowners and auto combined so I doubt the savings is really there. I ended up getting the best price through progressive this year for both home and auto. I had USAA auto for years but their homeowners has never even been competitive.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Progressive is out of the question. I won't give them a penny for anything. I talked with one of our neighbors, she gave me the name of the agent she uses, she says he's got the cheapest prices of anyone. I'll be talking with them soon.

stuhoevel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    San Antonio
    I'm going to catch heat for this, but my auto insurance renewal is going down this month. It's dropping a whole $11 per six months.

I'm with USAA and I have my homeowners, VPP, and auto(Ram and Challenger) with them. I pay about $450 a month. They won't cover my motorcycle so that's with someone else for $600 for the year. I dont know what that renewal will be in February.

I have never had an issue with them on auto claims.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    ~$1300 per year for three autos + ~$150 per year for four motorcycles. It all depends on the coverage you have and how much tech the vehicles have. All the BS sensors are expensive to repair. A newer model with full coverage and low deductible is gonna cost through the nose. Our newest car is five model years old, full coverage but $1k deductible. It’s paid for so we opted for about 3/4 replacement value since we have other vehicles for just the two of us. Other two cars are min liability and uninsured motorist with I think $1k deductible. Bikes are all min liability only since they are relatively low value and recreational so not mandatory to have.
    Insurance is a racket. The actuaries have it all in their favor, and they don’t plan on losing $.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I live in Dallas and everyone knows that your zip code in Texas is a huge factor in your vehicle insurance rates. Several agents admitted to it. I only have my 2016 Tundra fully insured with extras thru AAA for many years now, and beats the competition hands down. The two claims I had for rodent chewing my main wiring harness and a guy hitting me while I'm in the left turn lane sitting perfectly still waiting for the arrow did nada to my rate. My wife has her house and car insurance with State Farm. I would encourage folks to check out AAA....

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    We pay a tad under $4,000.00 per year on my truck, motorcycle and the wife car.
    We carry full coverage, as in..if they offer it, we have it,

ETA, This is with a $500.00 deductible.

Last edited:

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Our insurance has gone up greatly the last 2 years, with the biggest increase this year. We're now being billed every 6 months, by Geico, almost $1300 for 2 cars, one driver, and we won't drive over 7,000 miles a year. USAA was able to give me a quote of a few dollars less if we get homeowner insurance through them. $2600 a year just to drive to HEB, doctor appointments, and Wal-Mart seems a bit expensive to me. Anyone getting any better prices?
    Try Progressive. Ours is about 1/2 that price through them. Autos only. We have excellent records and a $1,000.00 deductible though.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    We complained about our insurance going up. Agent said let's do a new policy with a new quote. Price went down some, then we increased the deductible to get it lower. We don't drive more than 5,000 miles a year. Yep Joe we are all doing better.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I live in Dallas and everyone knows that your zip code in Texas is a huge factor in your vehicle insurance rates.
    When we moved from Collin to Fannin county 25 years ago, my insurance dropped drastically even though I was commuting from the country back to Dallas.

I've had Germania for almost 25 years. $1881 annually for full coverage on a 2019 and 2022 vehicle with $500 deductible. Their rates went up on my renewal last May but I called around and nobody was less expensive. Most companies would ONLY do 6 month policies when I called since they admitted their rates would increase at every 6 month renewal.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    We complained about our insurance going up. Agent said let's do a new policy with a new quote. Price went down some, then we increased the deductible to get it lower. We don't drive more than 5,000 miles a year. Yep Joe we are all doing better.
    I wish being a long time customer was still valuable. Now it seems to just mean you’re complacent and they take advantage of you.

Top Bottom