• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    We need to lobby for less regulation when it comes to buying guns and accessories.
    I know this should be easier for Texas voters but does anyone have links to articles where our politicians have voted for less hidden gun tax and regulation. Examples - introducing anything like good Rick did when he allows us to carry handguns in our vehicles. (I know this is a very short-hand version of the law.)
    I want to know who will follow in Rick's lead.

Off topic - Also, Gov Rick Perry if you are part of this forum I want to thank you for what you've done as a governor. As far as I can remember you've done the best job.
    Hurley's Gold

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Examples - introducing anything like good Rick did when he allows us to carry handguns in our vehicles. (I know this is a very short-hand version of the law.) I want to know who will follow in Rick's lead. Off topic - Also, Gov Rick Perry if you are part of this forum I want to thank you for what you've done as a governor. As far as I can remember you've done the best job.
    Yes, what a benevolent master allowing us to carry firearms in our vehicles. Perhaps as a parting gift he will allow us Constitutional Carry now that he isn't so busy requiring 6th grade girls to get the HPV vaccine.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I'll take what I can get. I know that what Rick did was a tiny part but has anyone else did anything as far as deregulation lately? We also were allowed to hunt with a suppressor under Gov Rick.
    I know we're not going to have some politician just change huge portions of gun laws but every little bit is less regulation and that's what we need.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not saying perry was the devil or anything, but he wasn't a saint and signing a bill in to law is the easiest part of the battle. Getting it through all the committees and the votes to pass it is the hard part.

If your looking for a pro 2A candidate for Governor with a good chance of winning and don't already know if Greg Abbot you must be very sheltered from the outside world.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    I'll take what I can get. I know that what Rick did was a tiny part but has anyone else did anything as far as deregulation lately? We also were allowed to hunt with a suppressor under Gov Rick.
    I know we're not going to have some politician just change huge portions of gun laws but every little bit is less regulation and that's what we need.

This election cycle will shed some light on what regulations / laws or lack there of, are in our future.

While trying to be an educated voter, I couldn't help but notice that just about every candidate running on the Repub ticket talked about their "strong belief in the 2nd A" and many even proclaimed a desire for OC.

I am a jaded voter so I'll believe them when I see them in session pushing thru more liberating gun laws.

He's voting for Wendy Davis.
    Hahahahhaha............no

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    No1 should vote for that liar WD. I don't even support people saying her name. It's getting her name out there and I don't want that to be in the forum I started.

I think every r running said something about supporting a#2 but I want to hear someone really introduce something. Oc sounds like a start, but until I see some1 introduce legislation I won't believe anything. I don't trust politicians until I see something change. By change I don't mean Obama change.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have no idea what you want from this thread. It sounds like you want to know what the candidates have as governor before they are even elected.

No1, some1, any1.........that's annoying as hell.

This thread seems fishy for some reason.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Young gun - these people running were doing something before now. If they have any kind of history helping or hurting gun owners rights I haven't heard of it yet. I honestly haven't heard of any politicians voting in less regulation. I've only heard of politicians voting against more regulations. I would like to be enlightened to any legislation pending or shot down deregulating gun restrictions. I've heard politicians saying they support open carry but I haven't heard of politicians trying to pass making Texas an open carry state. Is that good enough? I have read a lot of your posts and I would think you could name drop some politician trying to pass oc or other pro gun legislation.

Jakash - Who is Alan? And nice 1911s they look nice and broke-in. I started really liking how mine shot after about 1500rds when everything started sliding smoother.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    I can't imagine anyone in this forum will vote for the skank-a-tron 2000 unless she signed up for these forums to try (and fail) to talk some members into getting their votes. Abbot sounds like good people and I am looking forward to seeing what he does as Governor.

WD is being found out as a serial liar about her own life. So evidently she didn't even walk a day in her own shoes.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Not saying perry was the devil or anything, but he wasn't a saint and signing a bill in to law is the easiest part of the battle. Getting it through all the committees and the votes to pass it is the hard part.

If your looking for a pro 2A candidate for Governor with a good chance of winning and don't already know if Greg Abbot you must be very sheltered from the outside world.

This is why the Lt Gov is really the most powerful official in the state. So unless you want Dewhurst again, get out there and vote for Dan Patrick. (Sorry Patterson, I tried).

Top Bottom