• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Almin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2021
    SA
    Hi all,
    Here is my collection of some war and about good movies, russian ones mostly available on youtube, don't know how long they are gonna last there.
    Russian made:
    One of the best from modern ones, with Eng CC Brest fortress is about this episode in the beginning of WWII
    My favorite one, maybe bcoz my grandfarher was a part of this forces during WWII, the author of the book is a WWII vet himself, with Eng CC Star description
    One of the best Soviet's produced serial, with Eng CC Liberation description here
    Again, Soviet era production, with Eng CC THEY FOUGHT FOR THEIR COUNTRY , description
    Very hard one to see, Soviet era production, with Eng CC, watch only if you are sure you can handle it Come and See description ,
    Post war situation in Russia, still under Stalin's rule, description here, many WWII vets were in GULAG for being POW's, even for a day Cold summer 1953
    found another one with Eng CC Ballad of a Soldier
    another one with Eng CC FATE OF A MAN 1959
    another one with Eng CC Hot snow, 1972, part of big playlist with many movies with ENG CC
    Only old men are going to battle 1973 eng sub
    This one was just made last year, not that very good, found only trailer for now Devyataev description here

German made (with Eng CC):
    Cross of Iron
    Stalingrad
    Das Boot part2
    Das Boot part 3

A-stan:
    Russian mini serial about this episode Badaber_uprising , main action is in Ep 4, sorry, no Eng CC (can't find it translated anywhere)
    Ep 1 Ep 2 Ep 3Ep4

US made:
    Restrepo

Danish:
    Armadillo

British serial The world at war

Please post your finds here of good ones, like Saving Private Ryan(even with some bad things it is a good one)
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    12 Strong - True story and really well made as far as the action (except rifles never need reloading)
    Lone Survivor - Based on the true story of a Texas boy. If you haven't read his books, you should.
    American Sniper - Another Texas boy and surprisingly well made movie
    Hamburger Hill - The frustration of Vietnam based on a real battle documented in Life magazine. Mirrors the myth of Sisyphus.
    Siege at Firebase Gloria - this movie made the Old Gunny famous, along with Full Metal Jacket
    T-34
    (Russian movie) - Yeah, you have to put up with subtitles, and parts are a bit of a logic stretch, but still a good action flick
    Sharpe's Rifles (British TV series) - Lots of episodes, one of the few movies about the Napoleonic Wars
    The Sands of Iwo Jima - They didn't aim for accuracy, but its still a great film
    The Lost Battalion (TV movie) - True story, and a rare film about WWI.
    The Rough Riders (TV movie) - Easy to see why Theo. Roosevelt was loved by his troops.
    Gods and Generals - Often ridiculed as being pro-Confederacy, I think it's actually a pretty even handed story about Gettysburg.
    Starship Troopers - Yes, science fiction and sometimes silly, but you still find yourself wanting to waste those bugs.
    She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Fort Apache, Rio Grande - The John Wayne cavalry trio.

I don't know if Stagecoach could be considered a war movie, but it's one of the best westerns ever made.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not 9 рота?

The Beast (also known as The Beast of War) is another good one!

Of course, Black Hawk Down is one of the best (from a viewing standpoint)!

And while a bit of a stretch in terms of plot, I always felt Three Kings portrayed the military more accurately than most films...

Top Bottom