Hurley's Gold

Was told I used too much frog lube paste.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jigo23

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    So I finally got around to using it. It has a very strong solvent smell that I recognize, but can't quite remember where. The wife thinks it smells like the car wash, and I think that is one component to it, but there is another layer to the smell that somehow reminds me of my grandma, or maybe elderly people in general... Is it Bengay? :laughing:

At first I thought the smell was nice, but it has stunk up my gun room. It does dry and leave a dry slippery coating as advertised, but still dubious of the efficacy. Might try to do some testing... anyone have a tribometer I can borrow?

My favorite part of the lube so far is how it leaves the exterior finish. For a lack of a better way to describe it, the finish looks better then new. I'll probably continue to use it just as an external wipe down because of that.

LOL! Yeah there is some kind of smell to it now that I think back to when I first used it. Either got used to the smell or everything else in the tents stunk worse :) Does do a nice job on most all finishes (Haven’t used it on Bluing, but gonna try it). Best thing about it is, repels sand, dirt, dust.
    Venture Surplus ad

Top Bottom