• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Completely out of context unrelated to current events but I can see how someone would think otherwise.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Just something funny I saw where someone quoted just that part of the verse. Agreed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I hear you. I'm sure some seminary educated person used the verse to seem more impactful when telling people to wash their hands. They then passed it on.

Thats pretty innocent but It's a peve of mine, that is taking such things out of context or completely ignoring something's meaning or complete passages or messages when trying to make or justify a point or action. Like mayor Pete lecturing people on morality or others judging mayor Pete for that matter. They all seem to forget the part about judging others, and a dozen other things that are too often conveniently forgot.

Sorry if I sounded assholeish. Now I'll stop before we completely ignore no religion rule. Lest I be judged by a mod.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I totally get it and agree. I wanted to include the entire verse, but it was only the part of the verse when I saw it. You know, when people say whatever verse and add a letter to it as if the verse is broken down that way within the verse.

When I saw it, it was clear it was presented more as something funny.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    On the subject.....

Amazed at how many folks wash their hands...then grab the nasty door handle on the way out.....
    Wait, talking about mayor pete or a bathroom?

Seriously, I too use the paper towels to pull the door open, or go get TP but that's, well best not to think about it and just consider it one step above bare handling of the nasty door and call it a draw.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So do we need to tell people to wipe there butt after a #2

If you have to tell someone to wash there hands they are the ones who are not going to listen anyways

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I hear you. I'm sure some seminary educated person used the verse to seem more impactful when telling people to wash their hands. They then passed it on.

Thats pretty innocent but It's a peve of mine, that is taking such things out of context or completely ignoring something's meaning or complete passages or messages when trying to make or justify a point or action. Like mayor Pete lecturing people on morality or others judging mayor Pete for that matter. They all seem to forget the part about judging others, and a dozen other things that are too often conveniently forgot.

Sorry if I sounded assholeish. Now I'll stop before we completely ignore no religion rule. Lest I be judged by a mod.
    I know several pastors who would quote something like that in relation to current events, and follow it with something like "Now that wasn't written about a pandemic or even literally washing your hands, but it's a good thing to keep in mind right now."

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Anyone remember these continuous-cloth dryers?

Especially popular at truck stops and rest areas...yikes

8af4b1b0fd749f5ca3d4199bc789b812.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 8af4b1b0fd749f5ca3d4199bc789b812.jpg
      8af4b1b0fd749f5ca3d4199bc789b812.jpg
      24.5 KB · Views: 561

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Powder soap and troughs that 20 guys stood around and pissed in.

Why is it only seedy truck stops and the navy had powdered soap?

Takes longer to pick up?

Last edited:

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    Something to ponder?
    I heard a guy say. He grew up being told to always wash his hands even after he peed. However he got to thinking, he didn’t go around touching things all day with his penis, so should he re-consider and either wash his hands Before he peed, or wash his penis After.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Something to ponder?
    I heard a guy say. He grew up being told to always wash his hands even after he peed. However he got to thinking, he didn’t go around touching things all day with his penis, so should he re-consider and either wash his hands Before he peed, or wash his penis After.

SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    Anyone remember these continuous-cloth dryers?

Especially popular at truck stops and rest areas...yikes

View attachment 205173

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heck I was in a Frankfurt Airport restroom a couple months ago and they had one. Paper towels were hard to come by in Jordan. Maybe I should not be surprised by the spread of the virus?

Top Bottom