Venture Surplus ad

Washington State steps up the ante by proposing new law to ban all semi-auto anything

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Last night as discussed by the Washington Gun Law channel the state House passed (after seven previous attempts) a ban on a 'assault weapons.' It now goes onto state Senate and probably the governor to sign as the dems have the votes.

In this video Washington Gun Law explains what's in the bill. Here's a summary:
    • bans specific named semi-auto rifles
    • bans any semi-auto rifles with one or more noted features
    • bans semi-auto rifles, pistols, shotguns with detachable mags with10+ rounds
    • 'grandfathering' allowed but only with restrictions and not allowed to pass onto second generation
    • and more details to ban just about anything that goes bang :50cal: :machine::fire::bomb:
    WA might try to beat IL in getting legs passed. IL did their assault weapons ban law start to finish in 72 hours. More bad news later.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

NoFunAllowed

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    Lago Vista
    I moved to WA from NJ right as they started tightening the noose around gun owners. The legislation and judiciary there are a joke. I-1639, the citizen initiative that mandated training, safe storage, etc. was successfully challenged and blocked from appearing on the ballot because it didn't adhere to state constiution, "combining more than one subject in one initiatiative," but the state Supreme Court intervened and said it was up to the voters to determine.

Fastforward a year later, local instigator Tim Eyman (he's a weirdo, but acting well within his rights) successfully gets a ballot initiative to force the state to cap car tabs/vehicle registration at $30. The SC immediately put a hold on it when it passed and in 2020 declared it unconstitutional, because it "combined more than one subject in one initiative."

Growing up in NJ, I thought I knew what corruption was, but WA really gives my home state a run for its money.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I moved to WA from NJ right as they started tightening the noose around gun owners. The legislation and judiciary there are a joke. I-1639, the citizen initiative that mandated training, safe storage, etc. was successfully challenged and blocked from appearing on the ballot because it didn't adhere to state constiution, "combining more than one subject in one initiatiative," but the state Supreme Court intervened and said it was up to the voters to determine.

Fastforward a year later, local instigator Tim Eyman (he's a weirdo, but acting well within his rights) successfully gets a ballot initiative to force the state to cap car tabs/vehicle registration at $30. The SC immediately put a hold on it when it passed and in 2020 declared it unconstitutional, because it "combined more than one subject in one initiative."

Growing up in NJ, I thought I knew what corruption was, but WA really gives my home state a run for its money.
    <>

Come to the Gulf South, where some “freedoms” remain. . . . .

And,

Out foods are lots better !

Not to mention prettier women & milder Winters. . . . . .

Come-on down.

leVieux

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    I used to go to Washington state (Spokane) a lot when I was growing up. But I resides in north Idaho before the California invasion.

It wasn’t much different than Idaho back then. At least the eastern side wasn’t.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    This is great!
    Now criminals will downgrade their arsenals and dispose of all semi and full auto guns!

Dimocrats are such clueless idiots.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    The bill will likely be signed into law next week going into effect immediately. Gun sales have spiked, duh!!!

Customers stripped entire sections of wall at Surplus Ammo & Arms bare this week, flocking to the Tacoma gun store for rifles that are about to become illegal in the state of Washington.

“We are running out of almost everything,” store manager Bruce Smith said.

Attachments

• guns.jpg
      guns.jpg
      68.6 KB · Views: 38

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    So sad for lawful and responsible gun owners or want-to-be gun owners in WA; another state bans semi-auto firearms.

Click the link above to watch gun store/FFL dealer interview a few days before governor signed bill.

The mood at the Washington State Capitol was jubilant Tuesday as Gov. Jay Inslee signed a trio of gun control bills, one of which immediately bans the manufacture, purchase or importation of so-called assault weapons.

"Party safely tonight," the governor told supporters after signing the bills.

[Gov] Inslee added that while he and supporters celebrate the bills, there remains more to do in the fight against gun violence.

"We know we need to continue this effort on a national basis," he said.

The Second Amendment Foundation and Firearms Policy Coalition have already announced their lawsuit, which was filed in federal court just minutes after Inslee put pen to paper.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom