• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    My Grandson is going into the Navy. Very proud he will be the third generation to go Navy.
    I want to get him a present and I do not know much about watches. I do not want to get something expensive enough to get stolen, but also it should be rugged and waterproof enough to make thru Boot.
    I can really use some with this!
    Gun Zone Deals

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    1605564062717.png

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    My Grandson is going into the Navy. Very proud he will be the third generation to go Navy.
    I want to get him a present and I do not know much about watches. I do not want to get something expensive enough to get stolen, but also it should be rugged and waterproof enough to make thru Boot.
    May want to look up the regulations on watches. It will have to be approved for uniform.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Been many years, but I remember my uncle who had retired from the Navy after 22 years had a watch he had bought from the PX, ( I think that's the term.) back in the late 1960's that he always wore for many years. I'm thinking it was a Bulova. Very rugged and handsome looking watch.

Trey may have a point about his suggestion and worth looking into as well.

Sounds like an awesome present and reward for his continuing a family tradition. Awesome!

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Citizen Ecodrive Promaster dive watch. I own far nicer watches, but I almost never take this one off. I spend half of my professional time in a hard hat and coveralls chasing pipelines, and the other half in the corporate office downtown in slacks and a collar. Dress it up or dress it down, works either way for me. Add a face protector and throw in a few different color nato straps and he has a watch that will serve him under almost all conditions he will encounter. I own the black version, but there is a smoking deal on the blue version on Amazon right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Navy boot? A Rolex will go unscathed.

Do they even let them have a watch?

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    After he graduates Boot Camp, get him some sort of Citizen with the Eco Drive. Been wearing a "Chandler" model from them for quite a while without issue. And I tend be a bit hard on watches.

The G-Shock is a good idea as well.

Unless things dramatically changed, the only jewelry aloud in B.C., are dog tags and wedding bands.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Vostok Amphibian.
    Ok, so it’s Russian...but it’s a military watch, has a cool name for someone in the navy (maybe better for a Marine tho).

And they have an interesting history:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Casio G-shock.
    Not expensive. Very durable. Has multiple features.

There’s a pretty cool one in the old navy blueberry camo that I’ve been eyeballing...I doubt the navy would appreciate it LOL

776f7f84bdab338096a523f5febe8955.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    I would absolutely wait until he is out of boot camp.

I went through Navy boot camp a few years back (1968) and I know things might have changed some....but there weren't any boots wearing any kind of watch while in boot camp. There was absolutely no need to have one and you didn't wear or keep anything that was not strictly part of your issued uniform and gear. Anything else that you took to boot camp with you was packaged up and mailed to your mother when you first arrived.

I remember my mom had bought me a new electric razor to take with me when I went. I don't think I ever saw that thing again.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    I like the Casio G-shock. It has been 50 years since I was in boot - guess I need to find out if they can wear a watch in boot - I know he can in A school.

Top Bottom