WATER SAFETY ALERT SE Huston area citys water contaminated with brain eating amoeba!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this was an act perpetrated by leftist saboteurs.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
Is not the clorination process at the water plant sufficient to kill amoebas?

Anyway: https://www.medicinenet.com/naegleria_infection/article.htm

Naegleria fowleri infects people when warm freshwater, containing amebae, forcefully enters the nose. This can occur through water-related activities, including recreational swimming, jumping, or diving. Sports like water skiing or tubing behind a boat are a risk.

Swallowing contaminated water does not cause this brain-eating infection.

Last edited:

MacZC7

Well-Known
Jul 11, 2020
Texas
The clorination process at the water plant isn't sufficient to kill amoebas?

Anyway: https://www.medicinenet.com/naegleria_infection/article.htm

Naegleria fowleri infects people when warm freshwater, containing amebae, forcefully enters the nose. This can occur through water-related activities, including recreational swimming, jumping, or diving. Sports like water skiing or tubing behind a boat are a risk.

Swallowing contaminated water does not cause this brain-eating infection.
Yoj would think all that flouride would knock them out or at least turn them into regular amoebas, not brain eaters.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
I find this interesting, after what Bozz said...

"KHOU-TV reports that the six-year-old boy likely caught the infection from a public splash pad or a garden hose, and the subsequent tests on the water supply confirmed the presence of the amoeba in the Lake Jackson water supply"

SQLGeek

Wheel Gun Nut
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
First death....

Although I should probably check with coiled first before I make what could be considered by someone as an alarmist post, I think its newsworthy and sadly informative to report one child just died from this mess.

That is what triggered the investigation that eventually triggered the Stop Use order for water supplied by the Brazosport Water Authority.

Initially they issued it late Friday night for everyone supplied by BWA which included several areas such as Lake Jackson and all the way up to Rosenberg. My MUD is supplied water by Rosenberg so we were affected as well.

Late Saturday morning they lifted the Do Not Use for everywhere but Lake Jackson and indicated we were never effected. They're not really sure at this point where the boy ingested the amoeba. Could have been a municipal water source or somewhere else.

SQLGeek

Wheel Gun Nut
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
3 of 11 samples tested positive, correct? So they are in the water there?
In Lake Jackson it appears so.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members